Motherboard
OSX 10.11.5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 x2
Mac
  1. iMac
I accidentally deleted my USB drive with Yosemite on it a while ago and now need to make a new one to run a disk repair on my main hard drive. I downloaded Unibeast 5.1 and Yosemite from the app store, I followed the directions and still can't get the USB drive to load on my machine.

If I use the main HD- the USB shows up on the boot screen but when I click on it the screen remains black for a few seconds, then it looks like the grey action bar at the top is about to load in when the system restarts.

If I change the boot priority to the USB, and choose the USB drive in the boot options I get a kernel panic.

Any Ideas as to what the hell is going on. If I can't get the USB drive to work I can't even do a clean install of my desktop.

Seriously need help.

I accidentally deleted my USB drive with Yosemite on it a while ago and now need to make a new one to run a disk repair on my main hard drive. I downloaded Unibeast 5.1 and Yosemite from the app store, I followed the directions and still can't get the USB drive to load on my machine.

If I use the main HD- the USB shows up on the boot screen but when I click on it the screen remains black for a few seconds, then it looks like the grey action bar at the top is about to load in when the system restarts.

If I change the boot priority to the USB, and choose the USB drive in the boot options I get a kernel panic.

Any Ideas as to what the hell is going on. If I can't get the USB drive to work I can't even do a clean install of my desktop.

Seriously need help.

Maybe the particular usb drive you're using is duff, try another, make sure its formatted correctly, or make sure its plugged into a usb 2.0 port - just a few ideas - Good Luck.

I needed to add some boot flags like GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and PCIRootUID=1 in order for it to boot. Never had to do that with a USB installer before in my previous builds.

I had my computer freezing within 3 to 5 minutes after booting up. My disk utility said there was a problem with my boot disk, but when I corrected it the problem persisted.

I think the issue began when I upgraded to 10.10.3, but my backup drive which was 10.10.2 was exhibiting the same problem. I couldn't pin down the issue and ended up doing a complete install. Because I have my user profile on a second hard drive, I didn't lose a whole lot, but I think it's more annoying not knowing what the problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back