Graphics
eVGA GTX 780 / Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Having a lot of issues with Yosemite on my GA-Z77X-UD5H. First Audio disappears on sleep, sometimes it plays for a little bit after waking and then goes silent other times it almost immediately stops working. According to Toleda this is something to do with the native AppleHDA? (the version that came with Multibeast 6.1 always worked) Along with this is my Logitech C615 web cam, which no longer can show video after asleep, when I tried unplugging it and plugging it back it my computer reboots without warning, same goes for other USB devices like my USB-based bluetooth dongle. Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of clover as my boot loader in pure UEFI mode.

Z77-UD3H -- some similar issues with USB3 and with sound after wakeup.

Sound -- I've tried CodecCommander to fix sound issues; I think I have the right values in its info.plist for my codec (ALC887 Current), but sound is gone if the sleep period is longer than some unknown period -- for sure after an hour or two. I've got the right codec for my board -- it all worked really well in Mavericks, but Yosemite, not so much...

UPDATE -- CodecCommander works with edit of info.plist, sound works on wakeup. See CodecCommander README on GitHub. My HDEF Device Location is 1B, my Codec Address Number is 2. These are the only values I needed.

USB3 -- I'm using RehabMan's fork of the GenericUSB3XHCI kext. This does let me use the USB3 ports with USB3 devices, but odd things going on with USB2 or earlier devices -- have to first insert a USB3 device, and then I can use a USB2 device, but just first inserting a USB2 device doesn't work. I've asked RehabMan for advice, and if anything results, I'll also report here.

UPDATE -- RehabMan says he only consults on laptops at the laptop forum, says he thinks the AppleUSB defaults works fine on desktops. Not for me, if you want to stick an older device in a USB3 port... Apple defaults only work for USB3 devices on my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back