Contribute
Register

Yosemite USB 3 Driver not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem seems to be the security requirement for valid kext signing, introduced in Mavericks and fully implemented in Yosemite.

This is well explained here

Kext signing is good for security but it means unsigned kexts cannot now be used. If you are fully aware of the implications, you can disable kext checking but do be aware that this disables checking for all kexts so does make you more vulnerable to malicious code.

Kext checking can be disabled by changing the NVRAM. Any changes made can be reset by clearing the NVRAM, (Boot holding down CMD+ALT+P+R).

This is the terminal command: sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1" then reboot.I have tried this and the USB 3.0 driver in Multibeast 7.0.1 now seems to be working.

i installed the USB 3.0 driver with the newest version of multibeast, and when i try to restart my computer, then it gets stuck and i have to force restart the computer. My computer is the late 2011 mbp 17". and after restarting the computer, the driver still doesn't work. the MCI still said No. any solution?

My 2 USB3.0 drivers are not working as well with Yosemite via Multibeat 7.0. I still do have 3 USB 2 ports working so I'll hang on to that for a while until they fix Multibeast 7.x on Yosemite. I don't want to risk crashing my customac now as I have tons of work saved. Still using Yosemite with drivers that came with Multibeast 7.0. When they have upgraded Multibeast with ALL the bugs sorted out, that's probably the only time I'll use anything beyond Multibeast 7.0

Multibeast 7.0.2

I wonder if the latest multibeast 7.0.2 has the bugs sorted out for USB 3.0 ports? Still cautious about doing an update until I know the USB 3 port drivers have been ironed out

Well, I decided to dwnld Multibeast 7.0.3 and install it on my Yosemite 10.10.
Guess what?! USB 3.0 is STILL NOT WORKING!
Thanks for all your hard work volunteers who contribute to developing multibeast. Please keep us posted if a solution to the USB 3 problem has been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back