Contribute
Register

Yosemite upgrade from Mavericks on Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, finally i got it to work. That is my configuration which lately works like a charm.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sound was a bit tricky, i have to admit:
in org.chameleon.Boot.plist one will find HDEFLayoutID and this Mobo needs in my case as string value 01000000, which wasn't the case. I changed it manually and after some settings in the system settings for the output it worked like before.

I found the missing mach_kernel problem was related to the boot.plist being left behind by Unibeast 5.0. That problem has been fixed in Unibeast 5.0.1, or you can manually fix it by removing the "kernel" reference in the .plist file in /Extras.

I still have other problems (in another thread), but at least that part is solved.

Earl_1 thanks for your settings. :thumbup::thumbup:
They made it easy to perform a upgrade.
Normally I used to upgrade from the Appstore but after reading about the possible troubles I could ran into by upgrading through the Appstore, I performed a clean install upgrade on my second SSD.

Now I have a nice performing Z77X-UD5H with I5-3570K running on Yosemite!

Thanks copied your plist to the tee

worked like a treat,

i have removed the verbose boot flag

thanks for your post

My hack has a very strange behavior after the update.

Z77X-UD5H (v1.1), ASUS GTX650, 16 GB RAM, i5-3570k, latest Clover Version.

After sleep / wake my hack instantly reboots, if I connect my iPhone via USB.

But only after sleep / wake.

Do you have the same behavior? Can anyone test?

thx

My hack has a very strange behavior after the update.

Z77X-UD5H (v1.1), ASUS GTX650, 16 GB RAM, i5-3570k, latest Clover Version.

After sleep / wake my hack instantly reboots, if I connect my iPhone via USB.

But only after sleep / wake.

Do you have the same behavior? Can anyone test?

thx

I have the v1.0 of this board also booting from clover and I'm experiencing the same behavior..overall Yosemite is really buggy so far. In fact I loose my USB Logitech web cam on sleep and if I try to replug it in to bring it back my computer instantly reboots, also if I unplug my bluetooth dongle and plug it back it in instantly reboots after sleep / wake too.

Hi Earl, I used your exact configuration. Except the audio settings because I don't use onboard audio.

I'm experiencing a lot of glitches on the screen. While booting it looks fine, but after a few seconds things seem to look very ugly
and glitchy. Not usable at all. In verbose booting mode I see that it detects a HD4000.

I use a 1080p TV as monitor, should I use the 1080p display mode in the "customize" section?

Could also be a BIOS thing..
I have set Internal Graphics to Auto
Internal Graphics Memory Size to 512M
and DVMT Total Memory Size to MAX

These settings are from my old 10.8 hackintosh install.

I did not install 10.10 on my macbook pro yet, but I heard someone say in a youtube video that he was experiencing
glitches on his Mac Pro as well.. Could it be OSX related? or is this pure coincidence.

Thanks in advance!

---

I think I got it working now thanks to http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ide-z77x-ud5h-mavericks-clover-uefi-mode.html

I did not use the UEFI settings though.. I use the option UEFI first. Anyway.. lets see now how it performs.
I will run some geekbench test on a non-overclocked system and post the results herel later.

Last edited:
I have the v1.0 of this board also booting from clover and I'm experiencing the same behavior..overall Yosemite is really buggy so far. In fact I loose my USB Logitech web cam on sleep and if I try to replug it in to bring it back my computer instantly reboots, also if I unplug my bluetooth dongle and plug it back it in instantly reboots after sleep / wake too.

Me Too, I have changed bios settings, still the same. I have changed which sockets certain items are plugged in. If something is plugged in always try it in the USB3 sockets, if it is plugged and unplugged try it in the red sockets. I think it is something to do with USB3 power management?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back