Contribute
Register

Yosemite updated but cannot run (panic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading through the post of back and forth exchanges but could not quite comprehend everything to have a very clear picture of what is going on at present. "In order for both to be on the same wave length", let me state what I understood the situation your installation is facing right now. If you think we are in sync we can try the boot flag I suggest at the end.

• Your main Hardware SPECS are :

Motherboard: GA-H61M-USB3-B3 (F11) Chimera
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

• Yosemite USB Installer
Your Installer type is not clearly stated but on reading the post it is fairly clear you have
  • Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer
Unibeast Verison Not specified
Yosemite version Not Specified
[Not a big issue now]

• BIOS Setup Options:
Not Listed
But able to reach Chimera boot menu with Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer and Yosemite HDD after Mutibeast Choice
So acceptable Boot options chosen
Current Problems
  • Unable to boot Yosemite HDD with -v and -x boot flags
  • Unable to boot Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer with : -v and -x boot flags
  • No Verbose boot Screen image about current boot problem
  • Clear observation reporting:
If this is the stage my suggestion:

1. At Yosemite HDD boot line: type the following boot flags and press ENTER:
-v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1
2. Post a legible Verbose image if the boot screen stops.

Yes, the hardware specs you wrote are correct, just updated when the colleague asked for it.
The installer is the newest Unibeast 5.1.0 with Chimera 4.1.0, Yosemite 10.10.3 installer, everything fresh downloaded on saturday.
The BIOS things I can post after getting home.

Current situation: Cannot boot to the system (my computer) from
- the system itself (also got the newest chimera)
- the USB

Did not try to boot back the USB installer, because dont have any clue what to do after booting in.
Before the last operation (booting into installer, deleting fakeSMC.kext, booting in with those bootflags and running multibeast) I was only able too boot the installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -v, since then I havent tried it.

Here is a screenshot about the latest try:
dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -f -v
IMG_0252.jpg
Tried with some more bootflags like GraphicsEnabler=Yes, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000 (not in the same try), but the end is always that screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the hardware specs you wrote are correct, just updated when the colleague asked for it.
The installer is the newest Unibeast 5.1.0 with Chimera 4.1.0, Yosemite 10.10.3 installer, everything fresh downloaded on saturday.
The BIOS things I can post after getting home.

Current situation: Cannot boot to the system (my computer) from
- the system itself (also got the newest chimera)
- the USB

Did not try to boot back the USB installer, because dont have any clue what to do after booting in.
Before the last operation (booting into installer, deleting fakeSMC.kext, booting in with those bootflags and running multibeast) I was only able too boot the installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -v, since then I havent tried it.

Here is a screenshot about the latest try:
dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -f -v
View attachment 141217
Tried with some more bootflags like GraphicsEnabler=Yes, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000 (not in the same try), but the end is always that screen.

The current verbose boot screen you have uploaded after you booted your YOS HDD [Let us call it Yos System Disk and the USB as Yos Installer to avoid confusion , OK?] with dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 and nv_disable=1 -f and -v you got the same error [PCI Configuration begin] .

In your currently typed boot flags, there is no npci=0x2000 which is essential for this specific error.
Previously you had FakeSMC issue also which you cleared with help in an earlier step.
So the current flags may work better even if you have had similar freeze before.

This specific screen freeze at [PCI Configuration begin] seems to be responding to
npci=0x2000 or 0x3000 without or with PCIRootUID=1.
This is a tested troubleshoot many many times and yielded results in systems with Intel type of Processors
[out of many refs, here is one http://osx-hackintosh.blogspot.com/2012/06/pci-configuration-begin.html]

If you want you may try the combination of flags I suggested. Do you know whether your nVidia Card needs Web driver and if so have you installed them already? If it needs and you have not yet installed you have to add nv_disable=1 to the mix of flags. You can add -x [Safe mode] and -f for ignoring cache if the prob persists on Verbose screen. Otherwise use minimum number of flags at a time to avoid confusion as to what is needed and what is not and add sequentially for failures.

Thank you very much! I'm gonna try what you have written, and going to make more reliable memos what I have done before :)
The web driver I have installed as I was able to boot and installed the other things from the multibeast. (before there was another web driver which was not compatible with Yosemite, but OSX told me it was disabled cause of the compatibility issues)

Ok, the situation is the following:
Without USB stick, no bootflag worked, tried npci=0x1000, 2000, 3000 with and without PCIRootUID=1 and 0.
Then watched again a video about the multibeast installing, where the guy said the UseKernelCache can freeze up the computer.
Tried UseKernelCache=No -v without using the USB drive, no result.

Then tried also booting from the USB (YOS Installer, but not using it, it is confusing if you write you can boot with YOS Installer, can mean you can run the installer but not the system), npci=0x1000, 2000, 3000 with and without PCIRootUID=1 and 0 also not worked.

So I tried UseKernelCache=No -v --> my system can boot. Since then every time.
IMG_0257.jpg

Tried to remove UseKernelCache from Multibeast, still have to use bootflag UseKernelCache=No. Chameleon Wizard tells me there is no UseKernelCache=Yes in the automated bootflags, but I still have to write down every time the opposite.
Other way the booting process freezes like:
IMG_0264.jpg

The other thing is, this one does not work booting from YOS HDD (SSD), it still stops on the former PCI thingy or another one which ones Im posting here.
PCI Configuration freeze: (dont really know what the 36 CPU-s are above the last row, tried bootflag cpus=1 without result)
IMG_0265.jpg

Other freeze:
IMG_0256.jpg

Tried to reinstall Multibeast, tried to install Chimera 4.1 itself only.

Last Multibeast install screen:
IMG_0258.jpg

Here are what I picked:
- started with EasyBeast
- Audio / Realtek ALC889
- Disk / IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (if I remember right, as it wrote it makes AHCI drives described as inside)
- Disk / Trim / Trim for 10.10.3 (or sg about it - because of the SSD it is installed on)
- Misc / FakeSMC v. (whatever the newest MultiBeast made it)
- Misc / USB 3.0 - Universal
- Network / Atheros / The one covered mine (Atheros AR8151) in the description
- Bootloader / Chimera 4.1
- Customize / Boot / Basic Boot Options
- Customize / Boot / Generate CPU States
- Customize / Boot / Kext-dev-mode
- Customize / Boot / Use KernelCache (I guess, because I see in videos it is default checked)
- Customize / System Definitions / MacPro 3,1

I guess thats all... I might have chosen wrong ones :(

Boot with your bootable USB again.

Once you reached the desktop, re-run the multibeast and select the option "Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > OS X 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback"

Install it and reboot OS X.

Check booting.

You just solved my problem, it boots up properly!!!

Next move will be to fix imessage, but the solution seems to be very long (about 10 pages), so I might do it when Im more energic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back