Contribute
Register

Yosemite to Sierra...stuck at "Loading Operating System".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i7 HackPro
CPU
Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all. Long time Hackintosher here.

I've been sticking with Yosemite forever simply because, well..it worked, and it worked reliably. I had an oldschool installation on my SSD using Chimera, quirky booting sometimes but once it was running, it would run for months at a time. I tried a few times over the years to convert it to Clover from Chimera (in an effort to eventually upgrade) but never successfully accomplished it, so I always ended up just reverting and continuing on with Yosemite.

Recently I decided it was time to finally bite the bullet and accomplish the upgrade - I'm wanting to use this machine for increased server duty and I couldn't deal with the wonky (occasional KP) booting anymore - it has to be reliable to come back up on it's own if it does go down for some reason.

So, I cloned my system drive to a spare drive (I never do anything without that) and away I went. Built my USB installer with Unibeast, booted to it...formatted the SSD, and installed. That goes well enough and I can get successfully booted into Sierra..no audio and wonky video resolution, but I know that can be dealt with later.

However, no amount of Unibeast application will get it to boot untethered. I'm running a fairly old motherboard (as per sig) so I'm using Legacy Boot Mode, I believe I have everything configured correctly...but when I reboot it grinds to a halt at "Loading Operating System".

I've confirmed my Bios settings a hundred times, I've ensured my SSD is the primary boot device...everything, no joy.

Help! And a huge thanks to all those who answer these (probably mundane) questions over and over again. ;)

Any thoughts anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back