Contribute
Register

Yosemite to High Sierra with Windows and Linux triple boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
CPU
Intel I7 4790
Graphics
Nvidia 980Ti
Hi, sorry if the answer is lurking around somewhere but I want to get this right.

I need to update my Yosemite installation to at least 10.12 but I might as well update to 10.13 so I know my apps will work. However I've read that the update will change the file system to APFS so I'm concerned that this will destroy the Chimera bootloader and my Windows 10 installation which is on the same SSD, my Linux partition is on a HDD.

I've been out of the loop of the hackintosh for a while and it seems that everyone has changed to Clover, when I built my current PC I used Multibeast and Chimera, would this be a problem for 10.13? Can I keep the current bootloader and just update the Mac with the App store update?

I've got a backup on a separate HDD, my "Mac" says its a 5.1 Mac Pro.

Thanks

Jake

I've been out of the loop of the hackintosh for a while and it seems that everyone has changed to Clover, when I built my current PC I used Multibeast and Chimera, would this be a problem for 10.13?
Yes, Chimera cannot boot Sierra / High Sierra.

Do you know of a proper method for updating with a Windows installation on the same drive?
No, I avoid it like the plague and keep all of my different operating systems on separate drives and never plug more than one in at a time.
Perhaps the 'sticky' guides in the Multi Booting forum can help ?

And if you only do three things, backup, backup and then backup again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back