Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm upgrading from Mavericks to Yosemite and my installation has hit a speed bump. I was able to install Yosemite, and boot into it using my USB without a problem. After that I ran MultiBeast and used a downloaded configuration from someone who had the exact same settings. upon restarting, the computer loaded the bootloader but immediately froze on the Apple Screen on restart.

Prior to the restart, the multibeast settings had sound working etc.

My specs:
Mobo: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
AMD Radeon HD 6850
i5 2500k
8GB Ram

Here are the settings that were set in MulitBeast
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xxx > ALC889
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xxx > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio 1D: 1
Drivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 – Universal
Drivers > Network > Realtek > AppleRTL8169Ethernet
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i5/i7 Overclocked
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac12,2

I made one amendment, where I turned off Overclocking and opted to use the regular Sandy Bridge i5 setting.
As a side note, I have not updated my BIOS. Gigabyte has a UEFI option but it is a beta. I wanted to avoid the risk of bricking the system.

Any thoughts?

Yosemite Stuck at Gray Apple Screen After Multibeast EDIT: Things get even worse

UPDATE: I wish this way my biggest problem..
I noticed everyone with my motherboard was running the updated UEFI Bios so I downloaded it from the website, installed it on my mobo via bootable DOS drive and... I think it's bricked..

The Flash drive deleted the old bios successfully, installed the new one, and verified. It then prompted me to shut down the computer and unplug it. I did that, and when I turned it on I get a dark blue blank screen.

I don't know how this happened because the install gave no indication that there was a problem.
Is my mobo completely garbage now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back