Graphics
Gtx 660, HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
When using Logic on my desktop, the scrolling stutters and the program feels very sluggish. My desktop has a gtx 660. My laptop on the other hand runs it just fine with a HD 3000. Something is wrong with my graphics acceleration, but OS X transitions and dock magnification work just fine. I'm using clover and stock Nvidia drivers.

Installed, booted with nvda_drv=1 in clover but still no change.

Bump. Isn't anyone really expecting a similar problem. Graphics in OS X have been a pain since I switched from AMD To Nvidia...

Does this occur during every use of Logic? I find that my graphics slows down a lot when I have the track audio editor open.

It lags all the time, even in the main window. When I have the same project opened on my laptop (HD 3000) and on my desktop (gtx 660) it doesn't lag on my laptop but it does on my desktop. Just scrolling in the main window stutters. However, when Chrome is loading and I try to scroll, similar lag happens, so I guess it's system wide.

I moved to Yosemite from Maverics and I hoped that Logic X will work better, but it's the same. The Mixer, when you type X, it's opening with a delay. Logic 9 didn't have that problem. So if you know how to fix it, please, let me know.

My system: 4930K
Asus x79 Deluxe
32 Gb RAM
SSD Kingston (550 m/s)
Nvidia 780 GTX (3 Gb)
MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid.

I installed Nvidia driver from OS and Cuda from OS, so graphic is still slow (mixer, piano editor)...

Thank you.

I'm having the same issue using pro tools on Yosemite the meters freeze every time i scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back