Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I have the ASUS Z-87A motherboard with the Realtek 8111GR ethernet controller.

Under Mavericks, it was working just swell. But now, under Yosemite, it refuses to work.

I have tried installing MANY different kexts to fix the issue. All of the Mieze kexts (RealtekRTL8111.kext) don't work at all. When I go in to System Preferences it just shows "Unplugged" for the ethernet. I've made sure to uninstall other kexts dealing with ethernet and the problem remains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Under Mavericks, it was working just swell. But now, under Yosemite, it refuses to work.

I have tried installing MANY different kexts to fix the issue. All of the Mieze kexts (RealtekRTL8111.kext) don't work at all. When I go in to System Preferences it just shows "Unplugged" for the ethernet. I've made sure to uninstall other kexts dealing with ethernet and the problem remains.

If the LAN card works on other OSes (Window or Linux example Linux LiveCD ) we can rule out a hardware issue.

Then , if you have not already tried , see if it can be activated by installing AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in Multibeast 7.3.

I can understand the frustration; been there, seen that!

Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue with RTL8111, as like you i have tried all the Mieze's kexts. So if you are getting the right kext please share here too..

Thanks.

Thanks very much for the helpful advice!

I tried the RTL8169 driver from Multibeast and it still refuses to work. So basically the Realtek 8111 ethernet chip is completely non functional in Yosemite for some reason :(

I can disable the realtek ethernet chip in the BIOS. If I do this, does Intel have a ethernet chip that turns on? Should I disable it and install an intel ethernet kext?

I am new to this. Can you further explain what you did? I can't get the same Realtek to work in Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back