Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have a couple of things that are getting me mad. I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks following Tony's guide. My setup:

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5Ghz 8MB
Mobo
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1.5V CL10 (2x8GB)
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB SATA III
Corsair CX Series 80 Plus Bronze 750M 750W Modular
Corsair Carbide Series 200R
pci FireWire IEEE1394a

I replicate the multibeast config you see in the attachment "
Multibeast-7.0.1.png"
The main issue is that I have big problems on the start-up process. I uploaded a video on youtube so you can clearly get what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAzjpK4CnU&feature=youtu.be

-it always state that there's a "bios error 0x07"
-sometimes it freezes and show me the "panic debugger" you see in the attachment.
-sometimes it freezes at the apple logo, saying nothing at all
-some other times it boots correctly.

I'm actually so confused! How is it possible that sometimes there's this problem and some others everything goes fine? I am pretty much scared turning off my customac... :(

Please help me, I tried to search online here and in other sites but nothing seems to 'fit' 100% to my situation.:banghead:

And, btw, thanks for all the work you make.:)

Attachments

• Multibeast-7.0.1.png
    Multibeast-7.0.1.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 108
  • panic debugger.jpg
    panic debugger.jpg
    900.2 KB · Views: 100
Hi,

I have a couple of things that are getting me mad. I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks following Tony's guide. My setup:

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5Ghz 8MB
Mobo
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1.5V CL10 (2x8GB)
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB SATA III
Corsair CX Series 80 Plus Bronze 750M 750W Modular
Corsair Carbide Series 200R
pci FireWire IEEE1394a

I replicate the multibeast config you see in the attachment "
Multibeast-7.0.1.png"
The main issue is that I have big problems on the start-up process. I uploaded a video on youtube so you can clearly get what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAzjpK4CnU&feature=youtu.be

-it always state that there's a "bios error 0x07"
-sometimes it freezes and show me the "panic debugger" you see in the attachment.
-sometimes it freezes at the apple logo, saying nothing at all
-some other times it boots correctly.

I'm actually so confused! How is it possible that sometimes there's this problem and some others everything goes fine? I am pretty much scared turning off my customac... :(

Please help me, I tried to search online here and in other sites but nothing seems to 'fit' 100% to my situation.:banghead:

And, btw, thanks for all the work you make.:)

Hi,

Did you patch your mach_kernel for Haswell processors? You can read more about that here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

You most likely won't be able to boot into your OS if you don't have your kernel patched for Haswell. Also you may not want to apply all of your post-installation settings in one time, but do each post-installation setting one at a time, and see where the symptoms you are getting comes up. That technique can be very helpful in debugging a problem...

Cheers!

I put iMac 14.2 definition.
I tried to restart like 5 times and everything seems to work properly. The '0x07 error' is definitely gone.
I have a bounce of questions, just to understand.

1) ramachor suggested chameleon + yosemite in the link attached in the comment. What's the difference between that guide and the unibeast + yosemite + multibeast that I used?

2)AGuyWhoIsBored suggested me to patch mach_kernel for Haswell processors. I have to be sincere: I feel like I've understood one out of five things that are written in the link he gave me. I feel like a noob, and this doesn't bother me so much. The strange thing that I'm asking is: I thought I bought a pretty common CPU; does anyone (noobs like me included) that buy this CPU (or similar by family) have to do that (let me say, please) difficult stuff? (by difficult I mean not within everybody's range)

**update**

Booted again and again, the debugger seems to be gone (hope forever - not will miss it). No problems so far.
A new feature has appear. When i 'Shut Down' it sometimes restart instead of turning off. What should I do?
Tks

** update **

I discovered my -restart- problem instead of the -shut dow- was due to the Wake on LAN.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/100398-wake-lan-ga-z77x-ud5h.html

Here i found the clue. I actually stopped at the first passage. Now i do not use LAN interface and therefore this was enough for me. It's pretty annoying that in a so diffused mobo like mine there are all this small issues.

After like 20 shut down seems that the various steps work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back