Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
After upgrading to Yosemite from Mavericks, I have issues restarting from desktop. I installed the current drivers with the multibeast 7.3. I had to use Multibeast 6.1 (Mavericks) to install ALC892 audio since I had no audio following the update. Audio works with 6.1 ALC 892. When I restart from the apple menu or when prompted to restart, my desktop goes black, but the machine never "reboots" it stays black and the machine is still on. I also do get an occasional freeze at bootup of Yosemite at the apple logo only at certain times. Not Often, but it happens now and then. Everytime I reboot/restart from desktop>apple>restart, it doesn't restart successfully. Has anyone faced this issue or anyone have any idea how to remedy this?

4GQLlHPl.jpg

Thanks!

Update:
My machine freezes everytime after boot. In order for me to boot successfully I need to hit the reset button on my computer. Is there any way to prevent this screen from appearing?
10Al3vfl.jpg

It asks me to press any button to access the drives, which sometimes fixes the freeze issue. If I let this run it automatically boots yosemite and ends up freezing after loading. Once it freezes, I hit the reset button it will fix the issue and successfully boot after hitting the reset button. Along with this issue, my other issue lingers as I am not able to reset my computer successfully when I'm in desktop. If I click the Apple button top left on desktop>click Restart>Restart, my computer turns black and I can see it is in the process of restarting, but it stops there. It just stays black and hangs without any movement. I have to eventually hit the reset button on the machine for this to work properly. Are these two issues related?? if I can figure out what's causing this it may help the other issue. Any advice is appreciated! Yosemite would be running smoothly if it weren't for these two problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back