Contribute
Register

Yosemite on Z87X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same board and Yosemite is working perfectly. I use F9 official BIOS. I don't like to mess with no official Bios and to screw my motherboard.

For everyone:
I set BIOS according to TonyMacx86 installation except Virtualization which I use for Parallels. If I disable Virtualization I have only ony CPU in Parallels and errors booting VM. I didn't set CFG lock in BIOS because I don't have that option ?!

Because of "deadbeef" error I had to start installation and first boot of Yosemite with flags "-no-zp"!!!

After installing Multibeast everything works great except SLEEP. When my computer sleep I get instant wake-up. Problem is with XHC, according to syslog. If someone have solution will be great but that is not problem because I don't use sleep.

In OCBP i use DropSSDT Yes and SSDT and processor and XPM works perfect. In Mavericks when I use SSDT I have higher temps and frequencies.

Can you post your BIOS settings by chance? I'm upgrading from a Z68 (a Hackintosh gem!) to the exact same board. I want to make sure I get everything right so I don't end up sleepless for 2 days trying to get my Hack running!

I have same board and Yosemite is working perfectly. I use F9 official BIOS. I don't like to mess with no official Bios and to screw my motherboard.

For everyone:
I set BIOS according to TonyMacx86 installation except Virtualization which I use for Parallels. If I disable Virtualization I have only ony CPU in Parallels and errors booting VM. I didn't set CFG lock in BIOS because I don't have that option ?!

Because of "deadbeef" error I had to start installation and first boot of Yosemite with flags "-no-zp"!!!

After installing Multibeast everything works great except SLEEP. When my computer sleep I get instant wake-up. Problem is with XHC, according to syslog. If someone have solution will be great but that is not problem because I don't use sleep.

In OCBP i use DropSSDT Yes and SSDT and processor and XPM works perfect. In Mavericks when I use SSDT I have higher temps and frequencies.

Hi I have the same mobo using Xeon E3-1240v3 can you post screenshot of the multibeast and w
hat i about the audio. I don't have audio since 10.9.4.

Can you tell me what you mean by In OCBP i use DropSSDT Yes and SSDT and processor and XPM works perfect. In Mavericks when I use SSDT I have higher temps and frequencies

Thanks in advance.

Can you post your BIOS settings by chance? I'm upgrading from a Z68 (a Hackintosh gem!) to the exact same board. I want to make sure I get everything right so I don't end up sleepless for 2 days trying to get my Hack running!

Bios settings Z87X-UD3H:

1. Boot mode: Legacy
2. Fast Boot - Disabled
3. Wake on Lan - Disabled
4. XHCI Hand Off - Enabled
5. EHCI Hand Off - Enabled
6. XHCI Mode - from Smart Auto to Auto
7. Intel Graphics - Disabled because I use ext graphics
8. Win 8 Feature - Other OS
9. Secure boot - Disabled

Hi I have the same mobo using Xeon E3-1240v3 can you post screenshot of the multibeast and w
hat i about the audio. I don't have audio since 10.9.4.

Can you tell me what you mean by In OCBP i use DropSSDT Yes and SSDT and processor and XPM works perfect. In Mavericks when I use SSDT I have higher temps and frequencies

Thanks in advance.

I have attached screenshot and MultiBeast settings file.

Trim enabler - Only if you have SSD
!!! Don't install USB3 Universal - That is only for 5 and 6 motherboard chipsets

XCPM (sorry my mistake in typing - not XPM) is CPU Power Management.
To check powermanagment and PStates works correctly in Console Search type XCPM you will see XCPM Registered.
Install "Intel Power Gadget" app to check your frequencies.

In OCBP (/extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist) erase GenerateCstates and Pstates and insert DropSSDT=Yes.
SSDT file generate with Piker script ssdtPRGen.
I use iMac 14.2 smbios but you must check what SMBios is closest to your CPU or leave it to MacPro 3.1.

That's all what I do in Mavericks, and I have problems with higher temps of my CPU and PStates and I didn't use SSDT file neither DropSSDT. Now in Yosemite everything works OK. But Haswell was new system when Mavericks was out.

For further information about CPU PowerManagment:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Attachments

• mb settings.mb
    5.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 00.07.21.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 00.07.21.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 586
Hello

i have installed yosemite today, but the sound is not working. I have the ga-z87x-ud3h mobo.
I hear a "blow" noise like somebody blowing air... I have tried all jack ports with no luck. The speaker is working fine with my iPhone.

any ideas?

Janos

Please provide more details on how you get the sound working i have the same mobo and i followed step by step your guide but still no sound (Audio MIDI Setup finds no output devices)

Thanks,
Ribben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back