Contribute
Register

Yosemite on Z87X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAYBE I resolved the problem(s):

For the AUDIO use this, it works perfectly: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298478-audio-easy-fix-1010-dp/

For the Freeze. The problem must be the ethernet drivers. With Mavericks I installed a bad driver (Intel 3.xx) and I had freezes too. Now I disabled on Chameleon Wizard "Ethernet Built In" and I had at now no freezes anymore.

Would you please explain more detail about disabling "Ethernet Built in"?
I experienced the same sudden freeze. I downloaded Chameleon Wizard after reading your post, chose "org.chameleon.Boot" tab, disabled "Ethernet built in" in miscellaneous column, then restarted hackintosh.

But still I got the same freeze. I checked /var/log/system.log but nothing helpful.
Did I do anything wrong? Thanks in advance.

Weird thing is I got this freeze even when I was using Apple's genuine USB Ethernet adapter.
Do this mobo's built in ethernet adapter & apple's usb ethernet adapter use the same driver?
If not, this might not be the problem of the ethernet driver.

Does anybody know where & what to see when I got this sudden freeze?
I tail -f /var/log/system.log & see what happens, and the exact moment system froze I saw nothing on terminal. Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don't understand problems installing AUDIO.

Just select ALC898 and install from MultiBeast!!! Why do you need other kexts? Just updated to 10.10.1, reinstalled AUDIO and everything works GREAT!

For FREEZE:

Look for software you installed to have Compatibility with Yosemite, especially Cloud software.

EDIT:
"Ethernet Built In" in OCBP is important if you wanna use App Store!

I resolved all my problems with yosemite as following:

AUDIO: Just install ALC898 without DSDT from MULTIBEAST 6.2.2 !!!

FREEZE: I had freezes with BIOS Version F10(b). Now I downgraded to F9 and I had no issues anymore - NO ONE!!

I solved my freeze problem by following this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/121353-mavericks-hackintosh-freezes-8.html#post878385

I recommend all of you who is suffering from the freeze of this board to try these two steps.
  • Upp RAM voltage from 1.5 to 1.6 (in DRAM settings)
  • Lower RAM speed from 1600 to 1333.

With those settings I had no freeze two days in a row. Amazing!

My BIOS is F9 (official) and installed Yosemite with using UniBeast & MultiBeast.
Hope this will help somebody.

I resolved all my problems with yosemite as following:

AUDIO: Just install ALC898 without DSDT from MULTIBEAST 6.2.2 !!!

FREEZE: I had freezes with BIOS Version F10(b). Now I downgraded to F9 and I had no issues anymore - NO ONE!!

I didn't have any freezes at the beginning when I installed 10.10 but now I'm getting random ones. I'm using F10b.

How did you downgrade to F9? would you mind pointing me out to the info?
Thanks!

Mate thanks

I just saw your answer.

I have problem now cause i have you MOBO + XEON 1230v3 + GTX970 on Yosemite 10.10.5

I bought SSD put the OS there but it can't even boot the installer , do you have some magic tricks I can try ?

Cheers

I have attached screenshot and MultiBeast settings file.

Trim enabler - Only if you have SSD
!!! Don't install USB3 Universal - That is only for 5 and 6 motherboard chipsets

XCPM (sorry my mistake in typing - not XPM) is CPU Power Management.
To check powermanagment and PStates works correctly in Console Search type XCPM you will see XCPM Registered.
Install "Intel Power Gadget" app to check your frequencies.

In OCBP (/extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist) erase GenerateCstates and Pstates and insert DropSSDT=Yes.
SSDT file generate with Piker script ssdtPRGen.
I use iMac 14.2 smbios but you must check what SMBios is closest to your CPU or leave it to MacPro 3.1.

That's all what I do in Mavericks, and I have problems with higher temps of my CPU and PStates and I didn't use SSDT file neither DropSSDT. Now in Yosemite everything works OK. But Haswell was new system when Mavericks was out.

For further information about CPU PowerManagment:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Mate thanks

I just saw your answer.

I have problem now cause i have you MOBO + XEON 1230v3 + GTX970 on Yosemite 10.10.5

I bought SSD put the OS there but it can't even boot the installer , do you have some magic tricks I can try ?

Cheers

Hey all,

Having a nightmare of a time trying to get Yosemite or El Capitan on my Z87X-UD3H. I keep getting to O with a line in it. Is it due to booting from a USB3 device using Clover boot from Unibeast 6? I tried disabling USB in Bios but same problem.

I have onboard video turned off and running a
Nvidia GeForce GT 620.

How can I boot via USB2 if all the board has is USB3.0?? Losing my mind here! :banghead:

Any help appreciated!

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back