Contribute
Register

Yosemite on Optiplex 755

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have replied to the above using safeboot, graphics and audio seem the main issue.

Can I do something to stop it using SafeBoot?

You cloned a HDD (spinning drive) to an SSD was what I understood. In that case you need to enable the trim patch. There were a few SSDs that didn't need the patch but most today do. You should be able to just run multibeast and choose the trim option without it interfering with your other settings. check the Build before you apply it to be sure.

As to your graphics. as long as you're @ 10.10.2 or before Nvidia has a driver avail to use in Yos. 10.10.3 does not have a driver yet avail and you have to use the OS X driver which will limit the amount of video RAM you can use to 256M. Your gt610 is a DDR3 graphics RAM so it takes the load off of the CPU and memory but isn't a really fast card so unless you use the Nvidia drivers you won't see full performance.

Sound on the 755 is pretty easy. Audio > Universal > VoodooHDA ver 0.2.1 - don't try anything fancy. The SNR in the onboard DAC will cause you to pickup noise when you move your mouse or the monitor video changes. Keep it simple (you're on an old machine)

Happy Hacking :)

After going back and looking over your posts thru the thread, if enabling TRIM doesn't fix your problem, I would recommend that you back up all your files and do a fresh install. I'm especially concerned about the part where you copied the DSDT "from your old drive". I also noticed that you have a lot of @#$% installed so begin with a fresh install on the new SSD, make it bootable and then put the files back.

pick your headache

I picked up an Optiplex 755 Tower. I was able to drop a cloned drive in from the SFF and it works 100%! I like that I can have a second HDD in the bigger case for a clone drive.

The latest 10.10.3 updates went very smooth, everything still works, no reloading any kexts.

With the new build I have been running clover boot loader. UEFI boot is about 12 sec. to log in screen. Have been able to push geek bench into the low 12K range but at stock speeds it's running well. I began running 10.10.3 back a few months beginning with dev build 14D105g(3rd revision) but had no problems updating to the public version. With everything in the EFI partition, there was nothing overwritten. I hacked a 780 using clover and it went excellent too so my next project is to see how well it applies to the 755. I did a uniBeast install on the 780 and it went well but had to move to clover to get iMessage to work. The primary trade-off is with uniBeast you can watch DRM Apple purchased movies but with clover you cannot. With clover I can set up iMessage/FaceTime and with uniBeast I could not.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the 755 clover install.

Acebrain01 and all you guys, I'm almost afraid to reply here. I've been chastised for putting things in the wrong place on this site. I am not intentionally trying to break the rules. Still NO GUIDE YET. I submit my progress for you guys' help. I did upgrade my bios to A22 but was able to get up on A21. ACHI on the 755 panics the kernel and you have to use the LEGACY (ACHI) setting. I have tried unsucessfully to get the UniBeast installer to 'see' the internal HD. I am able to see an external HD on the USB buss and to do a complete install there. Now it's up and running. Been working hard to get it to the internal drive in a way that will boot from there. Anybody who can help, PLEASE do!!!! I'm still stumped.:banghead::crazy:
With your USB inserted change the bios setting to ATA then reboot. Once you start the installation process you will be able to see your hard drive and install Yosemite to it... After you will be able to boot from your hard drive but unfoutunatly the usb will still need to be inserted and the setting must stay on ATA.

Hi all,
I have some problems:

1) I can see AppleLPC.kext is loaded if I do IOReg but still get:
AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM Support false
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized
AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - failed to register with IOPlatformPlugin
2) After turning off the fan continues to run, SpeedStep not working

Optiplex 755 MT with Q35 Chipset + ICH9DO, SMBIOS iMac10,1, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, Clover
Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I tried a fresh install with no luck. Legacy mode. I finally got Yosemite to work !
I carbon Copied a working USB Drive from my Dell 960. >High Sierra.
Dell 755 bios 19a , 750 HD, Ati 3400 graphics ? chameleon 2830 boot loader.
extra made with chameleon wizard. 10-1 Imac . mach_kernel.
Runs great . like Yose ! more than High Seirra.
no problems. after good boots , switched to ATA bios, boots !
monitor is Vizio m2 55"
I use Snow leopard usb portable to carbon copy yose usb to 750 Hd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back