Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[100% Working] Yosemite Installation Guide (on GA-Q77M-D2H)

This installation guide is for the Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H.

Sound: Working
Graphics: Working (tested DVI)
Ethernet: Working
Trim patch for SSD: Seems to be working (applied = no errors whatsoever)

Step 1 to 4 are the same as the 10.9 installation guide accept for the fact that you are downloading Yosemite instead of Mavericks.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
(The 10.10 installation guide is not available yet at the time I'm writing this)

STEP 5: Post-Installation Using MultiBeast
In Multibeast:

click on 'Quick Start' -> Easybeast
click on 'Drivers' -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> Select ALC887/88b Current v100302
click on 'Network' -> Intel -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0

optional if SSD drive:
click on Disk -> TRIM Enabler -> 10.10.0 TRIM Patch

This will result in the following list:
Yosemite-multibeasts-settings-for-GA-Q77M-D2H.png
Install this Multibeast list and reboot.

STEP 6: Sound Settings
Set the audio outputs to 'Internal Speakers' at System Preferences/Sound/Outputs.

Make sure:
Connect speakers to Green Port/Motherboard
Unmute
Set Volume to 75%
iTunes/Music/Play
Verify Sound

If they are not working you need to reinstall the audio drivers using Multibeast and repeat step 6.

Feedback
This made my GA-Q77M-D2H based Mac work perfectly.
If it's not working for you, keep in mind to have patience, try again and make sure you did everything like in the steps & post your feedback in a comment.

I'm a hackintosh noob, if I can figure it out so can you.
Good luck and have fun :)

hello, I have everything working except the native iApplications. I cant log into itunes, icloud, imessages etc. Is it working for you? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

i am having the same board with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU.
Many things are working great, but:
  • USB 3 Ports don't seem to work (or it just works when plugging in USB 3 Devces, which i currently don't have)
  • When starting up, the apple logo is not displayed correct (but the bar is), also it flickers a bit when changing to login screen
  • Shutdown and Reboot take ages (even though boot is fast, about 10 seconds)

Anyone knows what to try?
i tried multibeast usb 3 universal kext.
i tried evoreboot.
i tried with and without DSDT.

EDIT: I am using DVI. Display Port doesn't seem to work for me (while DVI is plugged) - Display is acknowledged (screen shortly turns dark and then comes back).
Will try HDMI later on.

many regards,
Deadpixel89

hi Deadpixel89,

I haven't tried USB 3 yet.
Without it USB seems to work fine with USB 2 and 3 devices (probably at USB 2 speeds, haven't tested).

Shutdown and reboot is fast on my rig. (Samsung 120 GB SSD)

The logo / loading bar at startup is a bit glitchy sometimes, but that problem seems only aesthetical.

did you do a full reinstall (HDD format) or an upgrade without format?

cheers

Pretty much the same setup except for a GTX 770 for graphics... my USB3 ports are dead. Do not even work at 2.0. I have tried changing the settings for USB3 busses in the BIOS with no result. (Version F2)

Can you share your XHCI configuration in your BIOS and any kexts you may have installed for USB3?

Hi all,

I just updated to Yosemite on GA-Q77M-D2H and USB3 didn't work until I loaded the GenericUSBXHCI kext located here.

Not sure if it's actually performing at USB3 speeds, but just thought I should chime in.

This installation guide is for the Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H.

Feedback
This made my GA-Q77M-D2H based Mac work perfectly.
If it's not working for you, keep in mind to have patience, try again and make sure you did everything like in the steps & post your feedback in a comment.

I'm a hackintosh noob, if I can figure it out so can you.
Good luck and have fun :)

thanks for the guide & settings. I was able to upgrade my GA-Q77M-D2H from 10.8 to 10.10 in about an hour.

Could you list out your BIOS settings? Did you have the VT-D option?

I have the same board but I can't get into the installer is it freezes with the error:

getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

My chip is an i3 3.50Ghz Ivy Bridge.

Could you list out your BIOS settings? Did you have the VT-D option?

I have the same board but I can't get into the installer is it freezes with the error:

getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

My chip is an i3 3.50Ghz Ivy Bridge.

I fixed the problem listed above by switching from VGA to a DVI cord. Anyways I am running into another issue of "Still waiting to root device". I have gone through the BIOS multiple times to ensure that the Boot Option is set to "P[#]diskdrivename" but it's still coming up with the error.

I've tried looking for the option to disable Vt-d but do not see it in my BIOS and understand that some boards don't have it.

Am I missing a step somewhere in my BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back