Contribute
Register

Yosemite on Asus Vivobook X202E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for the little info. And before I ask you I'll already google it but didn't find anything useful. Again thanks anyway

If you're familiar with IOKit matching and Info.plist, it will probably be obvious.

I have the Asus Vivobook X202E as well, and I was able to install the latest clover quite effortlessly. My setup right now with Yosemite is actually the closest I have come to get everything working, quite a bit better than my initial installation with Mountain Lion.

Right now I have working:
Asus FN Keys- All work except the brightness up and brightness down.
Sleep and wake- work great, no restarts, wake is pretty fast.
Trim is enabled, on my SSD.
Intel HD 4000 Graphics are fully working.
Native Brightness is working great.
Built-in camera works great.
Start up is quick.
Trackpad is good/ works fully, not great, as far as glitchiness it is very low compared to other builds.
Touch Screen works out of box.
I'm thinking my USB 3.0 is working, all my USB ports are active and working.
Audio works pretty well, not very loud though. Loud enough I guess.

Not working-
Bluetooth, but I don't ever use it, so I just locked it in the bios.
Like I said the Asus FN Keys for brightness up and down aren't working, but that's not a big deal.

As others mentioned though, I would like to disable the touchscreen on my Asus X202E, but I'm not sure how to go about it? Is there a kext I could just delete that controls the human interface device (HID) for the touchscreen, or do I need to disable it somehow? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

As others mentioned though, I would like to disable the touchscreen on my Asus X202E, but I'm not sure how to go about it? Is there a kext I could just delete that controls the human interface device (HID) for the touchscreen, or do I need to disable it somehow? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You might use Disabler.kext....

You might use Disabler.kext....

Nice, I figured it out pretty easily, much easier than I thought it would be. I used disabler.kext like you mentioned and disabled AppleMultitouchDriver.kext and it appeared to have worked. Thanks again.

Never mind, thought I got it but still might need to mess around with the IOUSBFamily Kext I think.

Nice, I figured it out pretty easily, much easier than I thought it would be. I used disabler.kext like you mentioned and disabled AppleMultitouchDriver.kext and it appeared to have worked. Thanks again.

Never mind, thought I got it but still might need to mess around with the IOUSBFamily Kext I think.

Have you manage to fully disable the touch screen?

jmat2240 please help me I want to be able to install on Yosemite vivbook asus s200, you succeeded to install, I have your same PC can help me install Yosemite, you tell me how to install the kext do and where to get them, I have already installed yosemite I need kext to solve any problems, thank you I hope will help me

jmat2240 please help me I want to be able to install on Yosemite vivbook asus s200, you succeeded to install, I have your same PC can help me install Yosemite, you tell me how to install the kext do and where to get them, I have already installed yosemite I need kext to solve any problems, thank you I hope will help me

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

For the X202E I mainly used Multibeast and Vietnam Tool from kexts.com. Most of the drivers work out of box with the laptop.

Hi wondering if you have found any information on disabling the touch screen driver in Yosemite. I can't seem to find the correct Kext, but I think it is in AppleUSBEHCI, but I'm really not sure. I want to disable the native touch screen drivers for the Atmel MaxTouch Digitizer, but I'm having trouble. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Also this is my USB Device Tree

USB Hi-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBEHCI
PCI Device ID: 0x3a37
PCI Revision ID: 0x0004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
Bus Number: 0x1a

Hub:

Product ID: 0x0024
Vendor ID: 0x8087 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 0.00
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1a100000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

Atmel maXTouch Digitizer:

Product ID: 0x8417
Vendor ID: 0x03eb (Atmel Corporation)
Version: 11.32
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Atmel
Location ID: 0x1a130000 / 4
Current Required (mA): 100

USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam:

Product ID: 0x5188
Vendor ID: 0x13d3 (AzureWave Technologies, Inc.)
Version: 8.14
Serial Number: NULL
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Azurewave
Location ID: 0x1a120000 / 3
Current Required (mA): 500

Hi wondering if you have found any information on disabling the touch screen driver in Yosemite. I can't seem to find the correct Kext, but I think it is in AppleUSBEHCI, but I'm really not sure. I want to disable the native touch screen drivers for the Atmel MaxTouch Digitizer, but I'm having trouble. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Also this is my USB Device Tree

Atmel maXTouch Digitizer:

Product ID: 0x8417
Vendor ID: 0x03eb (Atmel Corporation)
Version: 11.32
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Atmel
Location ID: 0x1a130000 / 4
Current Required (mA): 100

You can probably use Disabler.kext. Should be just a matter of editing the Info.plist to add an IOKitPersonality that matches your USB touchscreen device. Then Disabler.kext will load for the device instead of the default kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back