Contribute
Register

Yosemite on a Elitebook 1040

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks rehabman. How do I know which bootloader to use? Will it be in the guide? Just asking before I change my signature to system specs.

We are using only Clover on Yosemite with ProBook/EliteBook.

Note title of guide in post #4.

I have installed Yosemite on HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 using PBI Yosemite Clover Edition.
Followed the guide to the dot, selected 6x0/8x0/Zbook. Mine was I5 with HD4400 graphics 1600x900 resolution.
There may be a black screen during booting when apple logo disapears - just press F10 a few times to increase brightness. WiFi card needs to be replaced with something like this http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=BCM94352Z&rt=nc ( People reported success, but 2 of them did not work for me). USB Edimax WiFi dongle works
In addition repost fom other thread

1. Speakers sound is really weak, much weaker than what it is in Ubuntu/Fedora.

2. Laptop had 4GB original Memory installed on board and I added additional 4GB memory module. BIOS reports both modules total 8GB and allocates 512MB for video. In Ubuntu I-nex (CPU-z analog) sees everything properly: 7.5Gb ram/512gb video.
But:
- OSX System profile shows 1536Mb used by video (Intel 4400) although in BIOS it is possible to allocate 512MB(and it is allocated)
- OSX System profile shows 7.5GB of RAM which is correct but in memory configuration reports only one 4GB memory module (original from HP) installed

Please advice what can be done with audio and where to look to deal with memory issues, although until now it is only cosmetic.
I still wasn't able to make the card reader work

I have installed Yosemite on HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 using PBI Yosemite Clover Edition.
Followed the guide to the dot, selected 6x0/8x0/Zbook. Mine was I5 with HD4400 graphics 1600x900 resolution.
There may be a black screen during booting when apple logo disapears - just press F10 a few times to increase brightness. WiFi card needs to be replaced with something like this http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=BCM94352Z&rt=nc ( People reported success, but 2 of them did not work for me). USB Edimax WiFi dongle works

2. Laptop had 4GB original Memory installed on board and I added additional 4GB memory module. BIOS reports both modules total 8GB and allocates 512MB for video. In Ubuntu I-nex (CPU-z analog) sees everything properly: 7.5Gb ram/512gb video.
But:
- OSX System profile shows 1536Mb used by video (Intel 4400) although in BIOS it is possible to allocate 512MB(and it is allocated)
- OSX System profile shows 7.5GB of RAM which is correct but in memory configuration reports only one 4GB memory module (original from HP) installed

Please advice what can be done with audio and where to look to deal with memory issues, although until now it is only cosmetic.

I have the same Folio 1040 G1 installed 10.10.4 using the clover,bug my graphic card and audio card can not work. I have installed the latest
HP Probook Installer Clover Edition
it seems that the installer clover edition doesn't has the 8-series laptop selection
,but they can not work. I'm appericate that you can tell how to install the graphic and audio cards drivers.
---------
Following the guide ,i repeat it again and again ,it works.:clap:

But:

I installed the latest PCI CE again and again,but the buletooth can not work.Can you give me some advice? G1 1040

I have the low volume problem HP Elitebook G1 1040, any solution?
yandex2013 did u solved? i cannot send to you private messages, please someone lat me know.
PS why pm are restricted?

this is my ioreg attached, the problem is low audio, the card is IDT High Definition (HD) Audio Driver
i installed el capitan with HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.4.6

edit: my laptop folio 1040 isn't in the list i choose the haswell business model, all seem to work but audio volume is very low, i did the load without cache.

Attachments

• user’s MacBook Pro.zip
    422.3 KB · Views: 149
this is my ioreg attached, the problem is low audio, the card is IDT High Definition (HD) Audio Driver
i installed el capitan with HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.4.6

edit: my laptop folio 1040 isn't in the list i choose the haswell business model, all seem to work but audio volume is very low, i did the load without cache.

Some people use Boom.

there is no clean alternative?

I'm sure it could be tweaked with CodeCommander/hda-verb and a lot of research/knowledge of the HDA spec.

But so far, no one with the motivation and skills combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back