Contribute
Register

Yosemite official Nvidia 343.01.01f01 AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hy Everyone,

1 month ago I am getting worried about my new GTX 980 arrival and its compatibility. Today it looks (probably, with crossing fingers) with the new NV driver and the always great Multibeast there is big chances to beat the ceiling :)

All the best for all NV9xx users and Tony's band.

Just installed Yosemite on Asus Gene VII Maximus with GTX980, working perfect!

Hi!
I'm totaly frustrated right now... has somebody a hint how to get this Card working:
GTX970 4GB Gainward Phantom
I can not boot without -x (and of course nv_disable=1 , also tried nvda_drv=1) or i get stuck at
GeForceSensors (pci1): [Fatal] unknown chipset, 0x124020a1

has somebody an idea what i can try o_O ?

My configuration:
Xeon E3-1231 v3
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
16GB Crucual Ballistix Sport (2x8GB)
Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gainward Phantom
256GB Samsung SSD

i took the configuration of the mainboard and multibeast from this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/134534-works-ga-z97x-ud3h-intel-xeon-e3-1230v3.html
but i had to set the system def to Mac Pro 5,1 to install the web drivers

would be so happy if someone can help me with this :headbang:

Phil

Well, this is unexpected. It seems that my GTX 780 card works without the web drivers now. Can anyone else confirm this?

Is there any reason why the installer wouldn't work on my Yosemite installation? The error I get is "This computer is not compatible with the NVIDIA Web Driver."

I have a GTX680.

Well, this is unexpected. It seems that my GTX 780 card works without the web drivers now. Can anyone else confirm this?

So you were able to install Yosemite using the 780?

My Titan Black has the screen going black when the installer gets going. On Mavericks I always had to do an initial install using a natively compatible card (no web drivers) since I couldn't actually *see* the installer screen.

Is this the driver I would have to use to get the GTX 570 working?

I'm stuck using my integrated GPU to use Yosemite right now.

So you were able to install Yosemite using the 780?

My Titan Black has the screen going black when the installer gets going. On Mavericks I always had to do an initial install using a natively compatible card (no web drivers) since I couldn't actually *see* the installer screen.

In Mavericks, the GTX 780 would work, but all OpenCL would crash. When the web drivers were released my 780 worked perfectly.

In Yosemite, the 780 seems to be working natively without the web drivers. All OpenCL works out of the box.

That said, I order to install Yosemite I had to switch to internal graphics to avoid a Kernal panic during the install. I'm going to test a bit more, and if needed I'll use the web driver, but at this point, both monitors are working, and there are no crashes.

I've tried these drivers on Yosemite with GTX 970 and I'm getting black screen after boot. Drivers are enabled using 'nvda_drv=1'. Monitor is connected using mini HDMI cable. The only way to boot to system for now is using '-x nv_disable=1'. Anyone else having similar issues? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back