Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd., Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Hi

i have a big problem. after i installed Yosemite on my HDD and restarted my computer, the new created partition (i named it for "Yosemite") is not shown on bootlist (i did pressed right arrow button to see more). everything are Windows icon and 1 Yosemite icon from USB. i tried to boot my HDD that Yousemite is installed. the Yousemite is shown in boot list, i booted it. in set up, i get stuck on this for infinte!

CVR8qlK.jpg

i pressed reset and boot into the HDD again that Yousemite is installed but my computer just boot Windows 8.1 from SSD instead. i booted into USB and i still don't see Yousemite.

I checked my HDD using partitionMiniTool partition free for Windows and i see this. I created 120 GB (111.8 GB) partition like this using Mac Disk tool in installation

Note: Windows can't read Mac OS X partition
sV9ATnM.png

please help me. i don't want to spend my time to install Yousemite again because it taking 30 minutes

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website).

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

Hi

i have a big problem. after i installed Yosemite on my computer, the new created partition is not shown on bootlist

New Created partition means, is the partition where you had installed Yosemite??

(i did pressed right arrow button to see more). everything are Windows icon and 1 Yosemite icon from USB.

Remove all other HDDs/SSDs, try to boot only with OS X HDD/SSD connected.

i tried to boot my HDD that Yousemite is installed. the Yousemite is shown in boot list, i booted it. in set up, i get stuck on this for infinte!

CVR8qlK.jpg

Above you mentioned that you had not able to find Yosemite partition. Then how you got this screen??

Uncheck the Set Time Zone Automatically while booting first time to Yosemite after installation.

i presed reset and boot into the HDD again that Yousemite is installed but my computer just boot Windows 8.1 from SSD instead.

Until installing boot loader to Yosemite SSD/HDD you have to use USB for booting. As mentioned above remove all other drives other than the Yosemite's one, then try to boot.

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website).

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

Done, everything updated.

New Created partition means, is the partition where you had installed Yosemite??

yes and the partition is named "Yosemite"

Remove all other HDDs/SSDs, try to boot only with OS X HDD/SSD connected.

i can disable all of them in BIOS and i will try again

Above you mentioned that you had not able to find Yosemite partition. Then how you got this screen??

Uncheck the Set Time Zone Automatically while booting first time to Yosemite after installation.

i have no idea. i just choose the HDD in bootlist where the Yosemite is installed. i think the BIOS just boot into USB for bootlist and i see "Yosemite" at the end of list.

I will uncheck the set Time Zone auto, next time

Until installing boot loader to Yosemite SSD/HDD you have to use USB for booting. As mentioned above remove all other drives other than the Yosemite's one, then try to boot.
Ok. i got it.

Hi I am having a similar issue. After I install the first part of the Yosemite 10.10.3 download using unibeast I then restart using the USB unibeast boot but it does not show my partition I have just made. The only option is to run the USB setup again. When I run it again I can see the partition setup and named correctly but won't show as boot option. Bios settings seem correct. Tried fresh install few times just need to see it in boot menu on unibeast..please help

Hi I am having a similar issue. After I install the first part of the Yosemite 10.10.3 download using unibeast I then restart using the USB unibeast boot but it does not show my partition I have just made. The only option is to run the USB setup again. When I run it again I can see the partition setup and named correctly but won't show as boot option. Bios settings seem correct. Tried fresh install few times just need to see it in boot menu on unibeast..please help

Connect only one HDD/SSD where you are installing OS X, remove all other.

Connect the HDD/SSD to first 3Gbps SATA port (Lowest numbered SATA port).

Ensure that the SATA mode is set to AHCI on BIOS

Ensure that the VT-d is Disabled on BIOS.

Then try to boot and post result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back