Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
Hi, I've been having issues with booting Yosemite after installation. I upgraded from Mavericks and loaded my drivers with multibeast and installed. I used the same settings as described in Valkyrie's thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...k-4-5ghz-8gb-gtx-780ti-sc-10-10-yosemite.html

After installing drivers through multibeast, I rebooted. After the Apple logo load screen, I get a sign like a do not enter sign and it gets stuck there. I tried booting with -v and PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No, I get the second image at the end saying "waiting on root device". Anyone know what is causing this? or know any work arounds? Please help! Thank you!:confused:

1430809641711.jpgIMG_20150504_235341.jpg

Hi, I've been having issues with booting Yosemite after installation. I upgraded from Mavericks and loaded my drivers with multibeast and installed. I used the same settings as described in Valkyrie's thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...k-4-5ghz-8gb-gtx-780ti-sc-10-10-yosemite.html

After installing drivers through multibeast, I rebooted. After the Apple logo load screen, I get a sign like a do not enter sign and it gets stuck there. I tried booting with -v and PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No, I get the second image at the end saying "waiting on root device". Anyone know what is causing this? or know any work arounds? Please help! Thank you!:confused:

View attachment 136315View attachment 136316

After upgrade, have you downloaded and ran the latest MultiBeast with Chimera selected??

Remove all other HDDs/SSDs other than the OS X's one.

Connect the OS X SSD/HDD to first 3Gbps SATA port (Lowest numbered)

Try to boot with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 -f -v"

After upgrade, have you downloaded and ran the latest MultiBeast with Chimera selected??

Remove all other HDDs/SSDs other than the OS X's one.

Connect the OS X SSD/HDD to first 3Gbps SATA port (Lowest numbered)

Try to boot with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 -f -v"

Thanks for the response!

I did run the latest multibeast w/ chimera 4.1 I believe... I'll try to boot with your recommendation

Thanks for the response!

I did run the latest multibeast w/ chimera 4.1 I believe... I'll try to boot with your recommendation

go0sebumpz - is this a upgrade where you installed Yosemite on top of Mavericks?

If yes, I suggest that you do a fresh install of Yosemite then after you have the system stable, use the Migration Assistant to bring over you apps, then manually copy over the data that you want.

Good modding,
neil

go0sebumpz - is this a upgrade where you installed Yosemite on top of Mavericks?

If yes, I suggest that you do a fresh install of Yosemite then after you have the system stable, use the Migration Assistant to bring over you apps, then manually copy over the data that you want.

Good modding,
neil

Neilhart, yes this is an upgrade installed on top of existing Mavericks OS per the instructions followed...

How would I go about doing a fresh install then? please advise....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back