Contribute
Register

Yosemite installer doesn't boot, Gigabyte Z97-D3H, ASUS GTX 750 TI, Intel i7 4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0 GHz
Graphics
ASUS NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is my second hackintosh, but I'm still experiencing a trouble, the installer doesn't boot at all. I prepared the Unibeast USB for OS X 10.10 using my previous hackintosh (I now sold it to buy this one), and installed Clover and the kexts FakeSMC, NullCPUManagement and ALXEthernet kexts to it.

My new system is the following components:

• Gigabyte Z97-D3H Motherboard
  • ASUS NVIDIA GTX 750 TI (2 GB) GPU
  • Intel i7 4790k (4 GHz 8 core) CPU
  • Corsair 16GB RAM (2 * 8 GB)

I then booted into the UEFI BIOS and did the following modifications I found on other threads.

• Load Optimised Defaults
  • Memory Profile: XMP Profile 1
  • VT-d Disabled
  • XHCI Mode: Auto
  • XHCI Handoff: Enabled
  • EHCI Handoff: Enabled
  • SATA Configuration: AHCI

And in the Clover boot menu, I booted with the following flags.

• dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v -x -no-zp -xpcm-free -nvda-disable=1

And then, the system just prints out some error messages, and goes restart. Here are some photos I have grabbed of the system.

Fc65PYe.jpg

pihBOUJ.jpg

(Sorry for these low quality pics, took from my mobile)

I don't know what this does mean, can anyone please explain me what this means? How can I get it to boot? Thanks in advance.

And in the Clover boot menu, I booted with the following flags.

• dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v -x -no-zp -xpcm-free -nvda-disable=1

This may not be the only problem but the nvda boot flag should be:

nv_disable=1

Thanks a lot! It's finally working! Now I can boot into the installer and install. However I'm experiencing an issue, I can't mount my other USB or external harddisks, because I can't boot without safe mode.

When I try to boot without safe mode, the system shows a couple of messages (very fast, can't even read) and just restarts. It is stuck in restart loop.

Any ideas?

I managed to install the NVIDIA Web Graphics and it detected my GPU (But only VGA works, no HDMI). I also installed the Chimera 4 boot loader, and am getting a CPU panic. Here is an image.

D54bxwv.jpg

That is the result whenever I'm trying to boot without safe mode. When in safe mode, everything is fine, but I can't use HDMI. Is there any solution for this?

So when I get to this point, I go back to basics. There has to be a driver that is causing it to crash. I have an ASUS Z97A board and the only boot flag I use is the Kext Dev Mode and dart=0. Remove all of the other ones for now. The other thing that I experienced was that I had the wrong AppleHDA Kext version which causes crashes. Which ones did you include in the KEXTS folder under Clover? You should have at least the FakeSMC and then worry about the other ones one at a time as the system becomes more stable. I always start with a vanilla set-up and then slowly introduce new functionality to help root-cause any issues.

Sounds like you're on the way to getting it up & running. Best of luck and let me know how it's working! :D

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still unable to boot, the only Kexts that I've installed are FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement and Realtek RTL81xx. I have not installed audio and other kexts yet.

It can boot using Clover when the boot flags are dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 -v -x for running with NVIDIA Web Drivers, it boots successfully, but then, it is in Safe Mode. It doesn't even boot when I remove -x, dart=0 or -v, these are the necessary ones I have to use.

When I'm using Chimera, the above error is resulted, even if I use all the flags that I got it to boot with Clover. I think I will recreate the USB again using Terminal way instead of Unibeast.

That's a good thought. The fact that it can boot in safemode suggests that it may be a driver issue? Try to boot with only the FakeSMC kext and forget the NullCPU.. & Realtek just to rule out if they may be culprits. You can include them later, one at a time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back