Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980ti
Hey guys,

I recently RMA’d my motherboard and CPU. I was hoping my install of Yosemite would boot right up considering the hardware is the same but it keeps rebooting right at the apple logo screen. BIOS settings are the same but the motherboard I received has the newest version of BIOS (I had never updated mine and was still running the version from 2015) Booting from my unibeast USB results in the same rebooting when trying to boot to the installer or the SSD the install is on. I am using Chimera as boot loader.

I tried a few bootflags to no avail. When booting verbose, it is too fast to read but the reboot happens at around the same place each time - somewhere in the loading of kexts I believe.

I also installed a Corsair h100i v2 CPU cooler when I swapped everything out, though I can’t imagine this could be affecting anything.

I assume I will just have to do a reinstall but can anyone explain why this happening so I can have a better understanding?
Of course, any advice that could help prevent a reinstall would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

When booting verbose, it is too fast to read but the reboot happens at around the same place each time - somewhere in the loading of kexts I believe.
Add the boot flag debug=0x100 should stop automatic reboot on kernel panic.

thanks for the response BreBo

debug=0x100 didn't help, however.

Initially I thought the reboot happened sooner with that boot flag but checking it without the flag shows that this is the farthest it is getting now, with or without flag. Before today, it was getting through at least 5 screens of verbose output before rebooting, this is the first screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171106-123452.jpg
    Screenshot_20171106-123452.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back