Contribute
Register

Yosemite Installation Unresponsive (Stuck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming-7
CPU
Intel i5 4670K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, built my PC today and installed windows 8.1 on it fine, then went to partition it into 2 for installing OS X, stuck the USB in (put it in 2 different 2.0 ports) then when I click to boot the device I connect the mouse, keyboard works fine, I start going through the process then I got to the installing on "Macintosh" (my USB drive), then it just hangs, mouse doesn't move, keyboard doesn't do anything, no loading bar moving, it just looks like all is stuck. The next time round I tried it I got it all connected again, went to install os x, before I could choose an install location it just got stuck again...

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760

Thanks all hope someone can help!

(Just tried it a 3rd time round and it has only just made the starting screen with the apple logo!...)

I tried switching to using the CPU's internal graphics, then when I went to the loading screen instead of just becoming unresponsive I got a Kernel Panic, what could this mean?

http://puu.sh/dHpLR/425ec6923e.png

I have attempted using boot flags: GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096
Internal Graphics = Kernel Panic without boot flags/weird grainy multi-coloured moving dots with boot flags
Dedicated GPU = Unresponsiveness after a random amount of time with & without boot flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back