i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I am new to Hackintosh.

I bought the motherboard and Processor based on the Buyers guide.
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
Core i5-6400

Disk Utility format my pendrive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) - Options - Master Boot Record

Now I used Unibeast 6.2.0 to make an 32GB USB3 pendrive from my macbook

OS Selected - Yosemite
Bootloader : UEFI
Optional Graphics - Selected none as I have no graphics card
Verified and Continued...

Now after completion if I try to boot from Pendrive, I get "reboot and select proper boot device, Press any key to continue"

Below is the BIOS Settings I am using... Please help me out.

Bios.jpg

Chip.jpg

Peri.jpg

Skylake hardware is not supported on Yosemite.
You will need El Capitan 10.11.4 or higher.

Skylake hardware is not supported on Yosemite.
You will need El Capitan 10.11.4 or higher.
Is it because of that I am not able to Boot from USB ?

Ok, now I was about to try El Capitan, but its not there in appstore to download. I didnt download El Capitan before, I am using Yosemite till date. Is it possible to download now ?

If you can't find it on the tab Purchased in the App Store app you didn't download it before and you can't download it anymore.

You can however download Sierra in the App Store.

If you can't find it on the tab Purchased in the App Store app you didn't download it before and you can't download it anymore.

You can however download Sierra in the App Store.
GA-Z170-D3H is which series "UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems."

GA-Z170-D3H is which series "UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems."

Intel Z170 Chipset - GIGABYTE 100 series motherboard

Intel Z170 Chipset - GIGABYTE 100 series motherboard
BreBo, thank you so much for helping me out. Today I am going to try Sierra on my system. I tried to partition in yosemite as GUID partition and I am getting two partition even after selecting one partition... Is it normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back