Contribute
Register

Yosemite installation on GA Z77X-UP4 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
GeForce 780 (346.01.02f02 Cuda 7.0.36)

System audio working now... I'm where I was with Mavericks with the hdmi no audio. At least I'm at the same place again.

Still have to use the USB to boot, first try solo I got a black screen like it panic-ed out of the gate. I have the boot flag for the Kernel...

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

Also have the DSDT-GA-Z77N-WIFI-F2.aml
Although my board is the Z77X-UP4 TH. Does this make a difference? I have no idea.

Getting audio back from the system was the matter of adding the HDAEnabler. Prior to that no devices showed up in the audio control panel. Hope this may be help for others.

Here's my settings:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2015-05-11 07:01:43 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 1 Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.3 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor Application Bootloaders > Chimera v4.1.0

Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Hey again guys n gals,

Just curious whether things would be a whole lot easier if I updated to the
[h=4]Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH[/h]in regards to getting system sound and hdmi audio without the amount of issues that my GA-Z77X-UP4 TH is giving me in my quest for a more future proof update to Yosemite. I know I would have to shell out for the MoBo and a new processor, but I plan on having this system run for a number of years to come.

Also I have been thinking of getting a quadro k4200 card in hopes of better performance with CS6 and FCPX etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Well I tried many things and have decided to get a more current motherboard/processor. I hope that will make the move to Yosemite a bit nicer. Or it could be me. Once my build is stable, I end up not using any of the Hackintosh software tools and even the procedures... well, you get what I mean. All because a Hack is as stable as the real mac or at least it can be and has been for me.

Now I get to have fun swapping boards out. Thanks to all who helped to this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back