GT740sc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've very closely followed the instructions here http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

...and upon reaching step 4 I encountered a kernel panic, which I got past after a bit of research by using the "-no-zp" boot flag (whatever that does I do not know).

All went well until I got to the step where I have to use Disk Utility to erase and partition the USB boot drive. The "options" button is greyed out when I select "1 Partition" from the Current drop down as specified in the instructions.

I can follow instructions but when something goes wrong I don't know enough to improvise. I found one other user on the forums here who had the same problem but no solution has been posted.

Help greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I've very closely followed the instructions here http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

...and upon reaching step 4 I encountered a kernel panic, which I got past after a bit of research by using the "-no-zp" boot flag (whatever that does I do not know).

All went well until I got to the step where I have to use Disk Utility to erase and partition the USB boot drive. The "options" button is greyed out when I select "1 Partition" from the Current drop down as specified in the instructions.

I can follow instructions but when something goes wrong I don't know enough to improvise. I found one other user on the forums here who had the same problem but no solution has been posted.

Help greatly appreciated!

What you are doing now??

Installation or bootable USB making??

If you doing the installation do re partitioning of your HDD not the USB.

oh my god I'm a dumbass. Thanks for pointing it out to me, it's so obvious now that I look at the instructions. I was trying to format the USB drive not the destination SSD. Seems to be installing normally now.

Thank you so much.

oh my god I'm a dumbass. Thanks for pointing it out to me, it's so obvious now that I look at the instructions. I was trying to format the USB drive not the destination SSD. Seems to be installing normally now.

Thank you so much.

Sorry bro had to laugh at your honesty :thumbup: - every time I read a post with the words 'I closely followed but......' - I think to my self, no you haven't cause if you did you wouldn't be asking for help :lol::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back