Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi guys,

My Yosemite install has been pretty stable, then I installed Security Update 2015-003 yesterday and my system hangs halfway through startup. :crazy: I can get around this only by booting in safe mode. Any advice or hints would be very valued and much appreciated! :thumbup:

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H logic board, i3570k Ivy Bridge CPU (never been overclocked), 8GB RAM and no graphics card.

Here is a pic of what verbose mode says when it hangs:

Wow was going to install this update then saw your post. I have the same system but have a I7-3770K. Think I'll wait a bit to see how this plays out.

jnkstuff yea I usually wait to see how new versions play out too -- it's the smart thing to do -- but I gambled with this one and lost lol. I'll post my solution here if I find one.

In the meantime, anyone have any ideas about what I should try? It does boot in safe mode. Yosemite was re-installed and permissions were repaired, disk was verified, and none of those fixed it.

Reinstall did not fix it. I didn't do a full-on erase and install because I don't want to lose all my files. When I tried to repair permissions, this message popped up:
"System/library/CoreS... has been modified and will not be repaired."

So now I'm trying to make a bootable USB drive loaded with Diskwarrior and hopefully that'll help.

If any of you dudes reading this know how to fix my Security Update 2015-003 hang, please chime in because I'm almost out of ideas!!!

UPDATE: I fixed this by doing a fresh install then applying the update. Which really isn't a fix I guess because I never found what caused the problem. My system will randomly hang on startup every now and then and when it does, it seems to have something to do with power management. Otherwise very stable now. Even got my IDE port working again!

I had no luck with the 10.10.3 update. The update crashed my system and all attempts to restore my backup messed up my install. So I just started over and fresh installed 10.10.3 and everything works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back