RX 6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yosemite, GA-Z77X-UD5-TH, Network Slow, SOLVED

This is an interesting quirk, and I would like to know if anyone has experience this or has any ideas. I have the above listed mobo and have installed Yosimite by the tonymacx86 upgrade method, which worked great, by the Unibeast/Multibeast method, which worked great, and using Clover, which also worked great. But in all three installs, one problem persists and I cannot get rid of it. The network speeds are okay, but when I connect to a google service, such as gmail or google drive, it is apparent things are just way too slow. The upload speeds have slowed to a crawl and the downloads speeds cut dramatically.

This happens regardless of manual network configuration, different DNS settings, rebooting the uverse router, etc. I does not happen on the same computer using Mavericks, or on other hackintoshes running Yosemite (GA-H55m-UD2H, which uses the realtek driver).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Potential solutions? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
This was a real problem and wider than I first realized. My entire network was slow. After a complete and successful reinstall with Clover, I ended up deleting the AppleIntelE1000e.kext from /EFI/EFI/Clover/kext and replacing it with the version 2.14.4 from Multibeast 7.1.1. To get this to work I installed the driver using Multibeast, which places the driver in /S/L/E. I mounted the EFI partition using EFIMounter v2 and moved (not copied) the file to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kext folder. I rebooted and the network is as fast as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back