Contribute
Register

Yosemite GA-Z68xp-ud3 : Can only boot using Unibeast USB drive and choosing HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I unfortunately have no luck to this problem. My current issues are random sleep/freezes that happen out of of nowhere. Sometimes its within 2 minutes of using the machine, sometimes its after 12 hours of use, sometimes its just after After Effects is finished rendering out the data.

I have the exact same build, however my BIOS is F10 instead of UEFI U1J. This is because I was unable to install any of my Adobe programs, it would literally freeze during the install and only on one random occasion did it install. And by freeze, I mean I needed to do a hard reboot to get the machine running again.

I did a fresh install of Yosemite using the tonymacx86 installation guide.

Any thoughts?

(READ UPDATE FOR NICE FIND / CATCH)

I'll chime in with my experience as it's a little different but still looking to be this issue and possible reasoning as well...

(Check and see if you're using the same ports)?

1. I upgraded to UEFI (J) before going to Yosemite
2. Compiled a brand new DSDT including series 6 fixes, HDMI and a few other fixes.
3. Booted using clover with no issue getting to installer
4. Drive is recognized in OS X installer
5. After both reboots Clover does not SEE the newly installed drive
6. Drive was not seen by clover.... due to being on the MARVEL Chipset? (2 SATA ports at very top of board)
7. Plugged Drive into Bottom SATAs, Booted into OS X
8. Everything is working, fast, stable... (minus known Display bug problem (fixed) with display link, and SSDT not working
(need help fixing)
9. Due to having all SATA ports filled I moved the Drive back up to MARVEL.... and I would get 80% booting success rate on drive.
it would just hang on loading bar, and then finally could not get it to boot back up. (Nothing was changed to cause this)

QUESTION: I think the rollback will fix my problem (currently doing a fresh install will reply when done), but could the issue be that people are using the MARVEL set and thus causing the boot failure.

FIXES:

1. The rollback that was stated in this thread

(POSSIBLE?)2. Is there a DSDT Patch or possible patch that can be placed in Clover Kexts that can patch ACPI on the fly???

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
UPDATE: I don't know how or why this happened but unbelievable!!!!! - I had everything back up and running, was 95% done (including adding ACPI rollback) and just needed to confirm and add SMBIOS in clover. Added the information (all matched) rebooted.... STUCK at loading!!!!!. I banged my head on the desk a few dozen times and started to figure out the problem:

1. Was unable to boot back in if I selected in clover to load with injected kexts but no caches.
2. Rebuilt cache --> did not fix it
3. Removed SMBIOS information ----> did not fix it
(at this point these were the only two things that could've been changed)

4. Up to this point all boots were working... so what could it be?
5. Went into UEFI and checked everything..... found when loading Optimized at the very beginning.... my video was set to AUTO. I completely overlooked changing it to the correct video. I switched it to PEG, rebooted.... BAM 100% working again. This was creating a ghost because sometimes I could boot, sometimes I couldn't, and then finally stops booting correctly at all.

SO.... to everyone on this thread make sure you have your video set correctly. I tried with intel and my ATI card and both 100% work when not set to AUTO. Auto will create RANDOM hangups!!!!

Now if only I can get SSDT up and running! :)

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU!!!!

Checking this 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback in multibeast 7 solved my problem!

Hi All, sorry to revive an older post, but I had to re-install Yosemite and didn't see this option with the new Multibeast as we are now at 10.10.x.

What can I do to solve the "stuck at grey apple logo screen with progress bar" that never starts error?

Okay, so now I feel stupid - the rollback option is still there in the new Multibeast.
It worked after I checked the 10.9.5 option.

I had the same problem.
Luckily I was actually upgrading a clone.

I was able to follow the instructions to reboot into my old Mavericks.
However the fix suggested there did not work for me.

What did work was to do the whole multibeast install on my new drive from my old Mavericks installation.
(in Mavericks, run Multibeast, but chose the new Yosemite drive as the destination)

I used my DSDT and made sure I checked
10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback in multibeast 7 solved my problem!

Thank you all for the advice.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! After a lot of headaches this worked for me! "10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback"

Here's what I'm using...

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM) 6GB SAMSUNG DDR3 TRI-DDR3 1333MHz (3 X 2GB)
Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX465 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS

Hi there this is my first time installing, followed exact instructions and
after rebooting I am stuck half way at apple logo?

How would I fix this? also I have read "AppleACPI Rollback 10.9.5" rollback?
How would I go about doing this?

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back