Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
Recently upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks. When I boot, it jumps to the loading screen after the apple logo flashes. After the apple logo, it gets stuck at the progress bar loading (black screen with loading bar on left corner). It freezes, and I would have to reset it from the rig. However, it has been occurring more often and now after resetting it just keeps freezing in the same instance. I would have to hold the power button sometimes to reset it again to get it to begin working. I tried suggestions and booting it in verbose "-v" and this still causes the freeze. It loads up in verbose and the text goes away like its going to boot, but right before it gets to my login it freezes at the same part of booting up. This has been a real problem for me to get yosemite to run smoothly. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank YOU!

TL DR; Yosemite bootup freeze, gets stuck after apple loading screen, have to reset from rig to reboot and get to log in. At times, it stays freezing and I have to reset from the power button of the rig in order for me to get to login screen.

Recently upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks. When I boot, it jumps to the loading screen after the apple logo flashes. After the apple logo, it gets stuck at the progress bar loading (black screen with loading bar on left corner). It freezes, and I would have to reset it from the rig. However, it has been occurring more often and now after resetting it just keeps freezing in the same instance. I would have to hold the power button sometimes to reset it again to get it to begin working. I tried suggestions and booting it in verbose "-v" and this still causes the freeze. It loads up in verbose and the text goes away like its going to boot, but right before it gets to my login it freezes at the same part of booting up. This has been a real problem for me to get yosemite to run smoothly. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank YOU!

TL DR; Yosemite bootup freeze, gets stuck after apple loading screen, have to reset from rig to reboot and get to log in. At times, it stays freezing and I have to reset from the power button of the rig in order for me to get to login screen.

Recently upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks

The devil may be in the details of the procedure you have chosen to Upgrade OSX Mavericks hackintosh to Yosemite Hackintosh.
  • Please list the Steps you had used including:
    • USB Yosemite Installer used with the Version of the software (Unibeast/Clover) in the USB Installer.
    • What choices you made in the BIOS Setup for the Upgrade Installation?
    • What Video card (remember you have an Integrated Video and an Add on Card) you selected and what Video cable you used to connect to the Monitor?
    • What Boot Flags were required for a successful Yosemite Installation on the Hard disk?
    • What Drivers were Installed on Yosemite System HD after Installation?
My best guess without any positive clue from your post is that the system has either no Video driver for the card used or the wrong driver is installed and or proper boot flag is not chosen for the first boot and the org.chameleon.Boot.plist does not have the proper entries.
You may check Apple>About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware> Audio/Ethernet/Graphics and Display for clues about installed integrated device drivers.
A copy of the .plist posted here will also be helpful in the troubleshoot.

You may have to use your USB Yosemite Installer to reach the Desktop for further check and troubleshoot.

The devil may be in the details of the procedure you have chosen to Upgrade OSX Mavericks hackintosh to Yosemite Hackintosh.
  • Please list the Steps you had used including:
    • USB Yosemite Installer used with the Version of the software (Unibeast/Clover) in the USB Installer.
    • What choices you made in the BIOS Setup for the Upgrade Installation?
    • What Video card (remember you have an Integrated Video and an Add on Card) you selected and what Video cable you used to connect to the Monitor?
    • What Boot Flags were required for a successful Yosemite Installation on the Hard disk?
    • What Drivers were Installed on Yosemite System HD after Installation?
My best guess without any positive clue from your post is that the system has either no Video driver for the card used or the wrong driver is installed and or proper boot flag is not chosen for the first boot and the org.chameleon.Boot.plist does not have the proper entries.
You may check Apple>About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware> Audio/Ethernet/Graphics and Display for clues about installed integrated device drivers.
A copy of the .plist posted here will also be helpful in the troubleshoot.

You may have to use your USB Yosemite Installer to reach the Desktop for further check and troubleshoot.

1) I used Unibeast w/ Multibeast 7.3 with the following setup drivers post install:

http://i.imgur.com/4GQLlHPl.jpg

Note that I had to use Multibeast 6.1 to install ALC 892 for audio as audio did not work on the latest multibeast with ALC 892.

2) BIOS Setup ;

http://i.imgur.com/Qv2CQFd.jpg

3) Video card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 , and im using a Mini Hdmi cable to plug into my monitor as it is the only one that is applicable to fit for that monitor i have.

4) Boot flags; as noted, I don't need to use any boot flags whatsoever, boot flags or not, it still freezes. I only tried -V boot flag and it freezes. For me to actually successfully boot, I have to reset the rig if it freezes at start up. Here's a pic of where it virtually freezes:

http://i.imgur.com/6vHCJsHl.jpg

I am not home to check my desktop right now, but will check for your hints to provide further information. Thanks for the help! The freezing has been driving me nuts... Everything else post install is flawless..

Looking at Ethernet Card - it says "This computer does not appear to have any PCI ethernet cards installed...

Video Card - NVDIA GeFore GTX 650; Intel HD Graphics 4600 is what appears in Graphics . Not sure what emphasizes about integrated drivers? Can you clarify how to find that out?

How do I get a copy of the plist??

Bump..... freezing issue still going on!!!
In your BIOS Setup options you have selected:

VT-d : ENABLED please go and choose VT-d: Disabled

For a PROPERLY CREATED Unibeast installer the 2 things needed for its journey from Boot screen to to the destination the Installation Screen safely are:
  • Proper BIOS Settings
  • Proper Boot Flags

Boot with -v every time until you have no problems in booting. You should upload a LEGIBLE text-based image of the boot screen that stops/freezes/concerns you. You can get that image with Verbose boot (-v flag boot)

If booting with -v is not enough to reach the installer screen for the Unibeast Yosemite USB installer or the log in screen if you are booting the System Yosemite HD additional flags may be needed.

Why boot every time with -v ?

-v flag is NOT a fix for any problem . For a "Freezing Installer" it is more like an X-ray rather than an Antibiotic shot!:). It helps the doctor and not the patient!

Based on the finding(s) on the verbose boot screen [ The X-ray or MRI] additional flags [treatments] may be offered.

For the Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer, the text displayed on the Verbose boot screen help us to diagnose the problem and suggest the next best step in an incremental manner.

For the Yosemite System Disk, when you are booting using the Unibeast Yosemite USB installer to reach the Chimera boot screen and then switch to your Yosemite System HD, you have to type in all the flags that you used for the Installer to reach the Installation screen. Those flags should take the Yosemite HDD to log- in screen.

Once you log in to Desktop, the first priority is to determine what drivers (kests) are already installed in the System disk and enabling it to function its major devices like Video, Audio, Ethernet, WiFi.

In Windows
we go to Device Manager to see the devices and their drivers.

In Hackintosh you click the Apple [Top Menu bar]>About This Mac>System Report [=Device Manager]> Hardware>
Left Panel : Devices listed alphabetically >
Right Panel Their PROPERTIES : [Kexts and connected devices]

Important devices
to check:

• Audio
  • Ethernet cards
  • Graphics/Displays
  • USB
May be everything listed there:)

If you see deficiencies there,. What can you do?

Multibeast
is a multi-talented animal: it can help your non-apple hardware providing it Kexts , Bootloader [makes your System Hard disk Independent, without the need for the Cane -the Unibeast Installer to step into the Chimera boot screen!] and supporting files to make it a Hackintosh.

Once you run Multibeast , System Hard disk can part company with Unibeast Installer. because it has its own Chimera bootloader and all or almost all the required kexts. If any device needs kexts you need to download them from some source or seek help.

In summary :

Correct the BIOS setup about VT-d to Enabled
Boot with -v
Upload Legible image through the Attachments Tool here

Hi,

As i've mentioned in my above post, this is not a problem with my installer. I've already installed yosemite and used multi beast this is a "post installation" inquiry. I've installed proper drivers and devices and tried to boot with -v. When booting in -v, it goes directly to boot up and never stops for me to be able to take a screenshot of the error, hence, no error showing. I have issues of booting into my login right before it is about to load, the load bar loads and stops! I have to simply hit the reset button on my rig and after the reset, it loads properly most times. Note that when shutting down my rig, sometimes my power does not turn off and the fans still operate. I have to hold the power button down in this case for it to completely shut off. I'm guessing it is power related, but are there any suggestions?

Hi,

As i've mentioned in my above post, this is not a problem with my installer. I've already installed yosemite and used multi beast this is a "post installation" inquiry. I've installed proper drivers and devices and tried to boot with -v. When booting in -v, it goes directly to boot up and never stops for me to be able to take a screenshot of the error, hence, no error showing. I have issues of booting into my login right before it is about to load, the load bar loads and stops! I have to simply hit the reset button on my rig and after the reset, it loads properly most times. Note that when shutting down my rig, sometimes my power does not turn off and the fans still operate. I have to hold the power button down in this case for it to completely shut off. I'm guessing it is power related, but are there any suggestions?

Most common situation I have seen this is from AppleIntelCPUPowerMnagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerMnagementClient.kext causing Kernel Panic after an update or upgrade. If you believe that to be a possibility you may read on...

The solution that has worked for me is to either backup those two files to a folder created in the root of The system volume or delete them. For that if in the unlikely possibility of booting the System disk in Single User Mode [-s flag at boot line] or more likely the use Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer [or Clover installer] to reach the installation screen and use Utility>Terminal and using the command mount the System Volume and navigate through /System/Library/Extensions and locate and mv the two AppleIntelCPUPowerrManagement* kext files and then reboot the System disk with just -v and other needed flags appropriate for your setup.

Further troubleshoot like installing NullCPUPowerManagemet or use of Powermanagement patch etc is the next stage once you can safely log in to the System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back