Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd., Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Hi

I succesfully installed Yosemite my 1 TB HDD but there is a problem. Yosemite freezes too often. it happens in installer too.

In BIOS, i set my BIOS as Optimized defaults and i changed the following settings

- Disabled CPU Turbo overclock (overclocking the CPU makes a lot of problems)
- Change boot #1 to USB Flash Driver (as a primary boot)
- Change boot #2 to my second HDD that Yosemite must be installed
- Disabled all other boot to avoid confustion
- Disabled Intel Graphics because i have Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 video card

The following settings are set as default
- Other OS
- Disabled Secure Boot Mode

My computer does not have GFC-lock and my CPU Intel Core i7 4770k does not have VT-d

First try. i boot into installer without any flags but it freezes when i click partition. i have to hold power button to turn off my computer and turn it on again (reset button does not work)

Second try. i boot into installer again, created 120 GB partition for Yosemite and 800 GB partition for other stuff and start installation but it freezes at 12 minutes. i have to hold power button to turn off my computer and turn it on again

Third try. i used the flag "-x" and boot into installer again. formatted 120 GB partition for Yosemite and start installation but it get's stuck at 14 minutes. i click on Apple logo and click restart.

Fourth try. i used the flag "-x PCIRootUID=1" and boot into installer again. formatted 120 GB partition for Yosemite, start installation and it succesful.

i rebooted my computer and choose "Yosemite" without any flags. i setup and configrate my Yosemite and everything done. The graphics, keyboard, mouse and other thing works fine expect audio. When i used it for 3 minutes, my computer freezes and i have to hold power button to turn off my computer and turn it on again (reset button does not work).

i can't just run MultiBeast because i'm afraid my computer freezes while installing the drivers

So what is the problem?

Hi

I succesfully installed Yosemite my 1 TB HDD but there is a problem. Yosemite freezes too often. it happens in installer too.

In BIOS, i set my BIOS as Optimized defaults and i changed the following settings

- Disabled CPU Turbo overclock (overclocking the CPU makes a lot of problems)
- Change boot #1 to USB Flash Driver (as a primary boot)
- Change boot #2 to my second HDD that Yosemite must be installed
- Disabled all other boot to avoid confustion
- Disabled Intel Graphics because i have Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 video card

The following settings are set as default
- Other OS
- Disabled Secure Boot Mode

My computer does not have GFC-lock and my CPU Intel Core i7 4770k does not have VT-d

First try. i boot into installer without any flags but it freezes when i click partition. i have to hold power button to turn off my computer and turn it on again (reset button does not work)

Second try. i boot into installer again, created 120 GB partition for Yosemite and 800 GB partition for other stuff and start installation but it freezes at 12 minutes. i have to hold power button to turn off my computer and turn it on again

Third try. i used the flag "-x" and boot into installer again. formatted 120 GB partition for Yosemite and start installation but it get's stuck at 14 minutes. i click on Apple logo and click restart.

Fourth try. i used the flag "-x PCIRootUID=1" and boot into installer again. formatted 120 GB partition for Yosemite, start installation and it succesful.

i rebooted my computer and choose "Yosemite" without any flags. i setup and configrate my Yosemite and everything done. The graphics, keyboard, mouse and other thing works fine expect audio. When i used it for 3 minutes, my computer freezes and i have to hold power button to turn off my computer and turn it on again (reset button does not work).

i can't just run MultiBeast because i'm afraid my computer freezes while installing the drivers

So what is the problem?

Use XMP Profile 1 on BIOS.

Is the freeze happenig with any messsages on the screen??

Try booting with "-f -no-zp" then check whether the freeze happening or not.

Use XMP Profile 1 on BIOS.

Is the freeze happenig with any messsages on the screen??

Try booting with "-f -no-zp" then check whether the freeze happening or not.

i will try boot with "-f -no-zp" but i'm not sure if my RAM support XMP. does the XMP make Windows 8 unstable?

i set the XMP profile as Profile1 and booted Yosemite without boot flag. it won't recognize my video card and gets stuck on loading screen :beachball:. second try. i rebooted my computer and boot with "-f no-zp". it works until i used it for 5 minutes and freezes. i rebooted my computer again and boot Yousemite with "-f no-zp" but it freezes after it recognize my video card and changed resolution to 1080p

i installed Yosemite on my external 1 TB HDD and connected to my pc with USB 2.0. is it the problem? if so, should i put my HDD in my pc and plugin SATA cable instead?

i installed Yosemite on my external 1 TB HDD and connected to my pc with USB 2.0. is it the problem? if so, should i put my HDD in my pc and plugin SATA cable instead?

Better try with SATA connection.

Better try with SATA connection.

i tried with SATA connection but my computer froze. i rebooted my computer and type boot flags "-x PCIRootUID=1" but my computer froze again. i'm using the original Yosemite and not Hackintosh. my HDD is working fine and it's not broken. i unpluged other USB connection and disabled SSD and HDD but the problem still happen. is there any other solution for this?

i tried with SATA connection but my computer froze. i rebooted my computer and type boot flags "-x PCIRootUID=1" but my computer froze again. i'm using the original Yosemite and not Hackintosh. my HDD is working fine and it's not broken. i unpluged other USB connection and disabled SSD and HDD but the problem still happen. is there any other solution for this?

Remove GFX card and try to boot with integrated graphics.

Which version your are running now? 10.10.3??

How many RAM modules are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back