Contribute
Register

Yosemite freezes on log in Multibeat problem????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
Asus GT740
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yosemite freezes on log in Multibeat problem H97M-D3H

Hi guys

Did a flawless install with no boot flags whatsoever a first for me (Many thanks Tonymac team). however once I run Multibeast after install the system always freezes on the log in screen (keyboard and mouse non responsive). If I do not install Multibeast after first proper boot the system is fine until I try to boot again so I guess Multibeast is installing something my system just doesnt like ?

I have tried to check and uncheck various install patches and have reloaded the OS at least 8 times with the same results.

My system spec are as follows

Gigabyte H97M-D3H motherboard
Haswell i5 Processer
GTX 760 graphics
8gb ddr3

The rest is the usual stuff SSD HDD etc

I have read a few other post which seem to have different issues as they can't get to the login screen where I can, the system usually hangs within a couple of seconds of reaching this screen and does not show a kernel panic.

I can boot in safe mode using -x -v -f and can log in fine

Many thanks for your help

Wangers

Forgot to add running DSDT free

Just a quick one to add the mouse and keyboard do work momentarily and if I am really quick can get to the desktop before lockup so know it's not a usb issue I guess it must be a kekt that gets loaded right at the end ?

I believe this is due to multibeast had the same problems. The only way to make it work was in safe mode. I cant say I know how to fix it but I can suggest using Clover as your boot loader. You don't have to make a new USB to do it you just have to install it afterwords.

Thanks for that I did try but could not get Clover to work for some reason probably because I have never used it before. Read plenty of guides for it but mostly on how to installs with Clover not post install operation

I know it's 100% a Multibeast issue seemingly confined to this particular board for some reason

I just tried to install Yosemite, and have the exact same problem. No freezes prior to multi beast install. Motherboard: Gigabyte z87x-ud3h with 4770k cpu. Installed with multibeast: chimera 4.0.1, kext dev mode, AppleIntelE1000e v 2.4.14 (tried the other versions too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back