Graphics
Gtx 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I have Yosemite up and running via clover. On Partition 1.

I have windows 8.1 Pro on disk0s4 Microsoft Basic Data Untitled

If I boot windows from the bios, Win 8.164 boots and runs perfect no errors:mrgreen:. However, the clover boot loader seems unable to see the windows partition and boot it. The only way to get win8.1 pro to boot is to manually boot by selecting.

I don't know how to tell if my Win install is UEFI or Legacy.

View attachment 110124

After you installed both OSes, did you modify the EFI partition where clover is stored?
Once Windows is installed, you need to copy the cloverx64.efi file into to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/. R[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]ename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi, and rename the new cloverx64.efi to bootmgrfw.efi.

Now Clover should boot as normal and you'll see an entry inside clover to boot Windows.
[/FONT]

I actually just installed it to a separate drive and did a UEFI install. The original was legacy. So, it was gonna be a big problem.

Fixed :))

Okay is there a way to have a legacy installed windows 8 partition on the same ssd as a mac partition and have clover view it? I don't have any of the boot manger files anywhere. Is that because it's a legacy install?

Yes, legacy boot does not install boot files into the EFI partition. Legacy is MBR, so all the files are there. I'm not entirely sure how to use a legacy windows on the same drive as mac install for clover booting, as I haven't done it yet. I know Clover can see legacy windows if they are on separate drives. Is your clover config.plist set up to scan for legacy?
Why use legacy windows just curious? UEFI is so much better, plus its easier to setup. I would just reinstall overtop that windows and make it UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back