Graphics
Asus GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.. Does anyone knows how to install Yosemite with clover but with a raid 0 config?

I can't find any tutorial around... Does anyone know any good Mavericks RAID guide with clover? Maybe it works similarly?

Thanks!!

I am looking for this, too. Bump!!

Hi guys.. Does anyone knows how to install Yosemite with clover but with a raid 0 config?

I can't find any tutorial around... Does anyone know any good Mavericks RAID guide with clover? Maybe it works similarly?

Thanks!!

Assuming you mean Apple software RAID:

The easiest way I've found is to install Clover without an OS to a small/cheap SSD (I use a 8 GB m.2 SSD) and use that as your boot drive. Directly install OSX or clone a working disk to your RAID 0 and keep all your custom kexts and injections on the boot drive and not RAID.

If you don't have that luxury, you have to copy the entire EFI folder from a working clover configuration to each EFI partition of each drive in your RAID. Furthermore, if you make changes to your Clover configuration afterwards, you have to copy to each partition again. There's probably a way to maintain only one EFI partition but I don't know how.

A more expensive, but also advisable solution would be to keep a single SSD or HDD that's large enough to hold a clone of your RAID as your boot drive and use that to boot into your RAID. This way you keep a backup of your RAID which is highly advisable for RAID 0, and at the same time, let's you maintain a standard Clover boot partition. If you go this route, don't forget to name your RAID array something different so you know which one to select from the Clover boot menu. The other benefit to this configuration is you can clone directly from your RAID to your boot drive without fear of overwriting your EFI partition when using SuperDuper.

Assuming you mean Apple software RAID:

The easiest way I've found is to install Clover without an OS to a small/cheap SSD (I use a 8 GB m.2 SSD) and use that as your boot drive. Directly install OSX or clone a working disk to your RAID 0 and keep all your custom kexts and injections on the boot drive and not RAID.

If you don't have that luxury, you have to copy the entire EFI folder from a working clover configuration to each EFI partition of each drive in your RAID. Furthermore, if you make changes to your Clover configuration afterwards, you have to copy to each partition again. There's probably a way to maintain only one EFI partition but I don't know how.

A more expensive, but also advisable solution would be to keep a single SSD or HDD that's large enough to hold a clone of your RAID as your boot drive and use that to boot into your RAID. This way you keep a backup of your RAID which is highly advisable for RAID 0, and at the same time, let's you maintain a standard Clover boot partition. If you go this route, don't forget to name your RAID array something different so you know which one to select from the Clover boot menu. The other benefit to this configuration is you can clone directly from your RAID to your boot drive without fear of overwriting your EFI partition when using SuperDuper.

I had an old software raid set on 4 drives (strip) back from 10.6 and used it 100% till 10.8 then went to 10.10.2 and it still worked. This raid is not where the booting is taking place, data drive only. Have SSD for the OS.

So I just got 4 more drives to replace my old ones and created the same thing. Clover is hanging at scanning entries.

Was going to turn off scanning .......
I tried all day to add my drives in the GUI of the clover configuration. I cant get them to show up to save my life. I tried every UUID for my disk I could find, all partions. Theres two that show up when you do diskutil info disk0s1 ect .....

Then pressed F2 at clover and got the pciroot from the log. Have no clue what Im really doing but i'm not a noob. Ive never used clover until now. I read every guide I could find including the clover wiki.

Any thoughts ???

if I put my old four drives back in, it will boot ? WTF ?

I had an old software raid set on 4 drives (strip) back from 10.6 and used it 100% till 10.8 then went to 10.10.2 and it still worked. This raid is not where the booting is taking place, data drive only. Have SSD for the OS.

So I just got 4 more drives to replace my old ones and created the same thing. Clover is hanging at scanning entries.

Was going to turn off scanning .......
I tried all day to add my drives in the GUI of the clover configuration. I cant get them to show up to save my life. I tried every UUID for my disk I could find, all partions. Theres two that show up when you do diskutil info disk0s1 ect .....

Then pressed F2 at clover and got the pciroot from the log. Have no clue what Im really doing but i'm not a noob. Ive never used clover until now. I read every guide I could find including the clover wiki.

Any thoughts ???

if I put my old four drives back in, it will boot ? WTF ?

It was one of the disk locking it up. Slipped through my diagnostic when I unplugged them one by one. So again I unplugged power cable / SATA Cable from the first drive and booted, clover hangs. Repeated and found the 3rd drive was locking it up.

So Plugged each one in, one at a time(rebooted each time); Partition them to GUID, then Formatted to OS X Extended (Journarld)

Replaced the bad drive, re created the raid and wala ! Strip raid up and running. Rebooted to test and clover is working just fine.

Will have to test the disk later and see whats going on with it.

Thanks !

Hi there her is a simple workflow i figured out with a non UEFI Board. In my case an ASUS P6T Deluxe

Using Clover install faces the problem, that i can't select the EFI or helper partition even when it is mounted to install the bootconfig. Without an UEFI Bios the EFI Folder/Partition is useless.

So you have to install the MBR and Bootloader yourself.

Start with a clean Installation of Yosemite and create a Raid0 with the diskutility just before you launch the install process.
the best is to use an USB Stick to install Yosmite or Mavericks.
After the install is finished, boot from the USB stick into your OSX.

Then modify the MBR of the first Raid0 disk. You can do the same on the second one of course but you should do this later on. Because if something goes wrong, you can always copy the stuff from the second helper partition back to the first one :)

Use "diskutil list" to find the deviceID of the Raid drives. In my case it is /dev/disk0 and /dev/disk2

At the Clover USB Boot stick is everything you need for install.
Start a terminal window and launch the following to install the MBR:

sudo /Volumes/CLOVER\ BOOT/usr/local/bin/fdisk440 -u -f /Volumes/CLOVER\ BOOT/usr/standalone/i386/boot0af /dev/disk0
where CLOVER BOOT is my temporary USB boot device

Afterwards install the bootloader or whatever boot1h is
sudo dd if=/Volumes/CLOVER\ BOOT/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3 bs=4096

At last, copy the Clover boot stuff to the helper partition (disk0s3) : (boot, EFI, USR and Library folder
i.e. with this commands:

diskutil mount disk0s3
cp -R /Volumes/CLOVER\ BOOT/usr ...

or you can use the Finder. After that your finished.

Unplug the USB drive, raise your head to the Lord and restart !

this is my disk layout:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *32.0 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_RAID 31.7 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *8.0 GB disk1
1: DOS_FAT_32 CLOVER BOOT 8.0 GB disk1s1
/dev/disk2