CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed mac OS Yosemite on a partition of my HD called "Yosemite", but when I select the "Yosemite" partition from the boot menu I get the error "Can't find /System/Library/kernals/kernal" How do I fix this problem?

Oh and the "Yosemite" icon in the boot menu has a little "raid" icon near the bottom. I don't mind that being there, I just thought it might be important to the answer.

The first indication is the misspelling of the work Kernals. The correct syntax is of crucial importance. Did you name it 'Kernel'?

Did you transfer the kernel from Essentials.pkg of OS X Install ESD.dmg to /System/Library/Kernels? (assuming you did a vanilla install). If you have a bootable installation disk you can create the folder and copy the file after extracting it.

If that doesn't work we go to door number 3 (the mysterious partitioning solution:think:):
Create two separate partitions during installation on the target drive:
1 - GUID Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)
2 - GUID FAT32
After completing the installation on the the first partition simply resize the drive and eliminate the fat32 partition.

Hope either of these 3 solutions help! Please reply if they don't and I'll be happy to help!:)

Have a look a this topic, could be something simple as adding the "nv_disable=1" to your boot flags.

@InnocentCorruptor

wow something really bizarre happened. I was going to boot into the unibeast drive so that I could repartition the drive like you suggested, but now booting the USB loads the actual Yosemite install (not the installer) How do I get back into the installer so I can repartition the drive? OR how do I move the installation from the USB drive to the "Yosemite" partition where it should be?

And I never renamed anything kernel or kernal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back