Contribute
Register

Yosemite Black Boot Screen + White Apple Logo Any Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z590 Hero XIII
CPU
i9 11900k
Graphics
6900XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yosemite Black Boot instead of grey screen?

Just wondering if anyone has been able to successfully get a Yosemite build to boot up with the new black boot screen + white apple logo??? I've played around with it for a little bit with this guide.... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1751446
but haven't been able to get it to work so far except in a clover boot.

Anyone got this to work? I'm using a system definition of 6,1 mac pro...

I think this boot screen looks so clean!!!

Picture below shows what I'm referring to.....

Attachments

• IMG_20140704_044603.jpg
    IMG_20140704_044603.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 3,800
Just to clarify. My system boots up perfectly to 10.10 Yosemite without any issues. Its just when its booting, I see a grey screen instead of the new black boot screen with a white apple logo.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten their system to boot up with a black boot screen and white apple logo, like in the new retina models (2013), and also the mac pro 2013.

how did you get it to work? I'm curious, because I've been trying and I've only been able to get the grey screen for a boot, never the black screen.

how did you get it to work? I'm curious, because I've been trying and I've only been able to get the grey screen for a boot, never the black screen.

When setting up Clover I just selected AppleStyle for my theme and changed nothing else.

ok cool, ya I've been able to get this black boot screen with clover with no problems. I'm trying to see if I can get it with a non-clover setup.

Anyone else have any luck with a non-clover booting to a black screen with white apple logo, not the traditional grey screen?

nothing on my end. I'm still working on it, but no success other than grey screen like normal... unless booting to a clover boot. Then full black screen with white apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back