Contribute
Register

Yosemite Audio - GA-Z87MX-D3H / ALC892

Status
Not open for further replies.
wound up going from 10.10.1 to .2

i was using the latest multibeast which i think was screwing things up. lining up 10.10.2 with the most current multibeast worked flawlessly.

Hi guys!

So, I just did a clean install of Yosemite 10.10. I have tried everyting to get the audio to work, but no luck. I have tried using the universal voodoo instead of ALC892 and that gave me all the devices but a lot of static. I found this thread to be the closest to a solution but I have tried everything in this thread but i still have zero audio devices. :banghead:

My hardware is:
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Socket-1150 m-ATX
Intel Core i5-4440
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB PhysX CUDA
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL8 Kit w/2x 4GB XMS3 modules

Any ideas?

EDIT: Wow, never mind! I updated to Yosemite 10.10.3, downloaded a fresh MultiBeast and reinstalled ALC892, and now my sound is back. I am a happy camper :D Sorry for bothering you if you are subscribing to this thread! Stay awesome!

Last edited:
Upgrading from a Mavericks build where everything but Messaging and Facetime worked to Yosemite 10.10.3. I’ve fought my way through a couple of days of kernel errors (found a bad memory stick) to getting Yosemite installed and running, but I’ve got no sound.

GA-Z87X-D3H
i7 4770 3.5 GHz
Removed EVGA Geforce GTX 760 for now and running on mobo graphics
Removed all but 1 stick of Gskill Ripjaws 8Gx2

My mobo uses ALC892 drivers so I’ve tried about 10 different combinations of:

--those drivers from MultiBeast 7.3.0 by themselves
--MB 7.3 ALC892 plus optional 3 port audio
-- MB 7.3 ALC892 plus optional HDAEnabler 1 and 2 (just static)
--Universal Voodoo (just static)
--ALC892 from MB 6.1 without DSDT & with HDAEnabler, etc., etc.

Nada. Neither the front or back panel of my Corsair Carbide 330 box work.

Would really appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks!

Hi All,

My specs are following

GA Z87M-D3H
Intel i5 4430 3.0Ghz Processor
8gb Corsair Vengeance
250gb HDD
Zotac GTX 750ti 2gb
Power Supply - Corsair CX600

I have successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.5 using Unibeast/Multibeast 7.5.0/Nvidia Web drivers. Have got no audio with my onboard sound ALC892. I have tried [unsuccessfully] deleting AppleHDA & re-installing through Multibeast but it's not working. I'm at my wits end. Please Help.

View attachment Audio Device.tiff

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    763 bytes · Views: 239
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back