Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
HD 4600
I am currently running a dual booted hackintosh running windows 7 and yosemite. Using a Z97X-UD7-TH mobo (ALC 1150). I get crackling non-stop while using yosemite, windows 7 runs flawless. This is my music production machine and i would like to resolve this audio crackling without running into boot issues, or ending up with no audio like others have. From what i have searched most people are using the UD5 mobo but i can't seem to locate a thread with a UD7 with success.. My audio interface is Firewire and I'm using the StarTech PEX1394B3 adapter card. I have tried using a USB audio interface and still no resolve.. Can anyone point me into the direction of which kexts i need or pointers of that nature? :rolleyes:

Please excuse my ignorance as this is my first Hackintosh and still would consider myself a beginner

Did you already found a solution? I'm having the same problem here with my X99-UD3 motherboard.

Did you already found a solution? I'm having the same problem here with my X99-UD4 motherboard.

I have somewhat found a solution that has been working for me. Some of it may seem silly but it works most times i tried to boot up in Yosemite. I have my interface plugged into the Thunderbolt port via Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. I have seperated my computer and speakers to run off 2 different outlets.

1. Start my computer after i have turned on my Presonus FireStudio interface.

2. When i get to the Chimera boot loader i choose my Windows installed SSD.

3. When Windows 10 Loads up i double click the Thunderbolt logo in the System Tray (Bottom Right)

4. When the Thunderbolt dialogue pops up i noticed there is some Blue font that says " Connected ". Double click "Connected" and another dialogue box will pop up. There is a drop down menu and i select "Always Connect", then click OK.

5. Restart Computer, then choose Yosemite SSD

This has been working for me 95% of the time, and i no longer have the crackle noise. Sometimes Yosemite will not boot and i just repeat or experiment with -x -v. It may seem silly to play with those functions in Windows, but inexplainably when i try to start Yosemite without going to Windows first i cannot get it to recognize my audio interface through the Thunderbolt port.

If this does not make sense i can try to do a post with pictures, this is just off my memory because i do this every day when i start my CPU.

I have somewhat found a solution that has been working for me. Some of it may seem silly but it works most times i tried to boot up in Yosemite. I have my interface plugged into the Thunderbolt port via Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. I have seperated my computer and speakers to run off 2 different outlets.

1. Start my computer after i have turned on my Presonus FireStudio interface.

2. When i get to the Chimera boot loader i choose my Windows installed SSD.

3. When Windows 10 Loads up i double click the Thunderbolt logo in the System Tray (Bottom Right)

4. When the Thunderbolt dialogue pops up i noticed there is some Blue font that says " Connected ". Double click "Connected" and another dialogue box will pop up. There is a drop down menu and i select "Always Connect", then click OK.

5. Restart Computer, then choose Yosemite SSD

This has been working for me 95% of the time, and i no longer have the crackle noise. Sometimes Yosemite will not boot and i just repeat or experiment with -x -v. It may seem silly to play with those functions in Windows, but inexplainably when i try to start Yosemite without going to Windows first i cannot get it to recognize my audio interface through the Thunderbolt port.

If this does not make sense i can try to do a post with pictures, this is just off my memory because i do this every day when i start my CPU.

I have no windows installed at all, just only Hackintosh. But there must be a easier way. It has something to do with the settings in VooDooHDA.kext. I read on internet changing the iGain and iMix in the .plist to zero, but this didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back