Contribute
Register

Yosemite ASUS R510JK, some bugs after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need to change the External declaration as well...
Code:
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ADR)
            External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3, MethodObj)
            _PS3()
        }

Is it right now?

Can I turn on power saving in BIOS? Because somewhere I read that sleep might not work right if I turn it on, is it true?

Code:
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ADR)
            External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3, MethodObj)
            _PS3()
        }

Is it right now?

Yes.

Can I turn on power saving in BIOS? Because somewhere I read that sleep might not work right if I turn it on, is it true?

I have no ability to predict the future. You should try it and see what happens.

Be aware of the fact that major changes to BIOS options may require re-patching DSDT/SSDT.

I'm afraid that nope :p Once I use it the Nvidia card appear on graphics/display. But nvm I can use _OFF instead _PS3 if it's working.

You could debug your _PS3 method with ACPIDebug.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

Well I have no clue how to do it :p Guess I will stay on _OFF method if it's not a big difference and if _OFF works.

Now I would like to install windows 7 (on the same disk like OS X, just other partition) but I got some problems - I cannot boot windows from USB, it's detected in clover but after I choose to boot from USB the screen becomes black and nothing happen.

I got 3 partition 250gb each, arleady got installed OS X on one partition I would like to install win7 on another and use the last partition as data to have access on both systems to it. What format should I use on last partition to have access on both systems? Should I format windows partition before I start windows installation or do it during windows installation process? How should I prepare USB drive to boot it without problems?

Now I would like to install windows 7 (on the same disk like OS X, just other partition) but I got some problems - I cannot boot windows from USB, it's detected in clover but after I choose to boot from USB the screen becomes black and nothing happen.

You should boot the Windows installer using BIOS (in UEFI mode), not Clover.

I got 3 partition 250gb each, arleady got installed OS X on one partition I would like to install win7 on another and use the last partition as data to have access on both systems to it. What format should I use on last partition to have access on both systems? Should I format windows partition before I start windows installation or do it during windows installation process? How should I prepare USB drive to boot it without problems?

FAT32 can be used for read/write access between systems. So can exFAT but some people report corruption problems caused by OS X.

It is best to leave free space and create the partition for Windows in the Windows installer. Make sure you boot the Windows installer in UEFI mode.

Make sure you create all Windows partitions (NTFS, exFAT, FAT32) in Windows, not OS X Disk Utility.

Hello again.

I've installed windows using uefi and dual boot seems working fine. But now I got a problem with OS X, I wanted to configure the wifi on my school(eduroam), but I have no 802.1x auth profiles and I am unable to configure it. Any ideas how to fix it?

nFZGj.png

Hello again.

I've installed windows using uefi and dual boot seems working fine. But now I got a problem with OS X, I wanted to configure the wifi on my school(eduroam), but I have no 802.1x auth profiles and I am unable to configure it. Any ideas how to fix it?

nFZGj.png

Looks normal... Note: ".. Contact your system administrator..."

I think that I should got something like it
22.png

Read the message you have... it says "use a configuration profile to add an 802.1X profile to your system".

Clearly there is some setup required...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back