Contribute
Register

Yosemite and Windows 10 strange problem, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Good)
CPU
i3-4160
Graphics
hd4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I have Yosemite and Windows 10 installed on one ssd with Clover. When i'm on Mac and trying to reboot to Windows, simply choose a Windows in Clover bootloader and everything is fine, everyone's happy. But when I'm on Windows and trying to reboot to Mac, in Clover bootloader I can't choose a Mac, feels like keaboard don't correspond to any pressing, no Enter button and so on. Only rebooting again in Clover save's situation.
Why can this happen and how solve this?
My spec is Asus b85m-g, I3-4160, HD4400. If any additional info need, let me know.
Thanks.

I have the same problem with El Capitan and Windows 10,

It seems to be the fact that Windows somehow locks the UEFI, as if it were trying to force it to boot into Windows 10 again, but I end up being thrown into OSX (as that's my default boot option) because the keyboard and mice are locked out.

Anyone got any ideas? I might try turning off Fast Boot, but I don't want my Windows install to start really slowly.

Regards,
Matthew.

When you tell Win10 to reboot it "keeps a grip on" hardware resources and drivers to make the reboot faster. These are resources that OS X needs for it to boot, so when they are not available because Win10 holds them, you cannot do anything. On some builds, I have noticed the same behavior with rebooting OS X and selecting Windows 7.
Best is to just shutdown the OS and then hit the power button to boot new when you want to switch. With SSDs this does not take any longer than a software reboot does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back