Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Post any working 4k configurations here.
Please describe any special settings, the mainboard, graphicscard, monitor used and 60Hz possibility.

I am running Yosemite with two Asus PB287Q monitors running at 3840x2160 at 60Hz working flawlessly. One is plugged into my GTX 780, the other is plugged into my GTX 660, both via DisplayPort 1.2.

There is nothing too special about my setup, although like every third reboot, I used to get stuck at a white screen with one display endlessly turning on and off. I fixed that by adding the following kernel arguments:

ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

And ever since making that change, everything is working perfectly. I am also not currently using the NVidia web drivers, since they don't seem to be needed on Yosemite.

I am running Yosemite with two Asus PB287Q monitors running at 3840x2160 at 60Hz working flawlessly. One is plugged into my GTX 780, the other is plugged into my GTX 660, both via DisplayPort 1.2.

There is nothing too special about my setup, although like every third reboot, I used to get stuck at a white screen with one display endlessly turning on and off. I fixed that by adding the following kernel arguments:

ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

And ever since making that change, everything is working perfectly. I am also not currently using the NVidia web drivers, since they don't seem to be needed on Yosemite.

I have Yosemite instlalled on a GTX-770 and a UP2414Q monitor via Display Port 1.2.
My SMBIOS is for iMac14,2. And native drivers.

I can't get 60Hz to work, but no problems with 4K 30Hz.

Hello Everybody

I'd like also to post that today came in my ASUS PB287Q 28" 4K Monitor. I connected it to my EVGA Geforce GTX 760 via DP and configured DP Version 1.2 an it works perfect. I have got full 3840x2160 resolution running @ 60Hz out of the box without any special Nvidea divers.

I'm lovin' it.

Attachments

• OSXon4K.jpg
    OSXon4K.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 427
Post any working 4k configurations here.
Please describe any special settings, the mainboard, graphicscard, monitor used and 60Hz possibility.

I got samsung d590 4k have no problem pluged in display port using asus republic of gamers gtx760 4gb..
picture is very nice ..
George

After way too much of my life had passed, I finally got 4K working at 60 Hz.

My config:
- Dell UP2414Q
- Macmini6,2
- Mac OS X 10.10.1
- NVIDIA Web Driver 343.01.02f01
- MSI GTX 760 2 GB
- Clover r3113

The UP2414Q is an MST monitor. I picked it because it is on Apple's official compatibility list and it looks just as good as my rMBP.

Things I tried that did NOT work:
- The AppleGraphicsControl.kext hack at Mac Rumors.
- The native OS X kext
- iMac14,2

The final step in getting things to work was upgrading to FakeSMC 6.11 (which is in MultiBeast 7.1.1). I was previously on FakeSMC 6.9.1315. When I had the old version of FakeSMC, I had 4K at 60 Hz, but the video card fans would run full blast. I upgraded to FakeSMC 6.11 and made sure not to install any of the optional FakeSMC plugins.

The AGC kext hack failed so catastrophically, I can't tell you how much pain there was. After the initial text edit step failed, I tried restoring the virgin kext using KextBeast, but OS X still wouldn't boot, telling me the kext was damaged. I eventually restored from backup.

If you are doing this I strongly suggest you use the -f boot flag every time you reboot, and SystemParameters > NoCaches > True in your Clover config.plist. This helped me get back to my desktop when my kext changes mucked things up.

In the end, my configuration is actually pretty innocuous; I could have gotten to this point without anything more than the right sequence of installers and boot flags.

My config:
- Dell UP2414Q
- Macmini6,2
- Mac OS X 10.10.1
- MSI GTX 760 2 GB
- Clover r3113

The UP2414Q is an MST monitor. I picked it because it is on Apple's official compatibility list and it looks just as good as my rMBP.

- The native OS X kext
- iMac14,2

The final step in getting things to work was upgrading to FakeSMC 6.11 (which is in MultiBeast 7.1.1). I was previously on FakeSMC 6.9.1315. When I had the old version of FakeSMC, I had 4K at 60 Hz, but the video card fans would run full blast. I upgraded to FakeSMC 6.11 and made sure not to install any of the optional FakeSMC plugins.

The AGC kext hack failed so catastrophically, I can't tell you how much pain there was. After the initial text edit step failed, I tried restoring the virgin kext using KextBeast, but OS X still wouldn't boot, telling me the kext was damaged. I eventually restored from backup.

If you are doing this I strongly suggest you use the -f boot flag every time you reboot, and SystemParameters > NoCaches > True in your Clover config.plist. This helped me get back to my desktop when my kext changes mucked things up.

In the end, my configuration is actually pretty innocuous; I could have gotten to this point without anything more than the right sequence of installers and boot flags.

I applied this solution to my system, the only difference is I have a Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB.
I also have a UP2414Q.

the MacMini6,2 SMBIOS is the only one that didn't give me black screen with Displayport 1.2 enabled.

The only thing is I don't know if I am in 60 Hz or not, because Display Menu doesn't show the refresh rate anymore. I also couldn't find it in System Report or any other place.

How can I test if I'm on 60Hz or 30Hz?

Attaching a screenshot

Captura de pantalla 2015-01-05 a las 22.34.24.png

My config:
- Dell UP2414Q
- Macmini6,2
- Mac OS X 10.10.1
- MSI GTX 760 2 GB
- Clover r3113

- The native OS X kext
- iMac14,2

Can you post an image of the display data in the system report? Or the resolution list on Display Menu?

I followed the same steps as you and apparently works but I can't get to see if my display is running at 60Hz. There's no data about refresh rate anywhere.

Before I appied your method I could see my display running @ 30Hz, with no 60Hz option. But now I don't see any refresh rate at all. I'm just assuming I'm on 60Hz.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back