Contribute
Register

Yosemite ALC1150 audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately not successful. Thanks for the reply.
dchaf

This suggestion worked for me.

Background: os 10.10.3 -- my sound was working fine: sound preferences displaying these devices: internal speakers, line out, line out (yep, twice), digital out, and a logitech USB headset. I had the internal speakers selected and have been using the back green port to my speakers. I'm using clover to enable a dual boot for a Win 10 install on a different drive (EFI on a physically separate drive). After visiting the dark side (ironically; playing with StarWars:KotoR), when I rebooted back to Mac -- zap, no sound.

I just bumped into this thread and I checked and when I switch the speaker plug to the pink port, I get sound!

Following this 'cold restart' suggestion, the pink port no longer works, but the green port does!

Weird behavior! I'm way guessing but maybe removing the power clears some motherboard or chipset memory/cache bit or byte that Windoz and OSX interpret differently.

If you want Green rear port in osx and windows you need to do this . Turn off computer and unplug power cord from PSU. Put it back after 60s. Start computer and first log into the osx. Problem fixed. If you log into windows first, you will have a problem with green rear after switch to osx. If you are on win 7 or win 8, uninstall Realtek drivers and use only default one from windows. That can fix any switching combination from win to osx and opposite. Uninstalling drivers not working on win 10.
Why this happen is a good question, but seams that windows impair audio, or has a different approach to starting it.

Thanks a lot, My GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK always have this problem since I installed OS X. I read your advised and tried it, I feels so good when things just works.

PS, I have to try every kext from different site or NOT booting to windows to avoid switching port every times. It doesn't work on 10.10.4 and Google brought me here.

If you want Green rear port in osx and windows you need to do this . Turn off computer and unplug power cord from PSU. Put it back after 60s. Start computer and first log into the osx. Problem fixed. If you log into windows first, you will have a problem with green rear after switch to osx. If you are on win 7 or win 8, uninstall Realtek drivers and use only default one from windows. That can fix any switching combination from win to osx and opposite. Uninstalling drivers not working on win 10.
Why this happen is a good question, but seams that windows impair audio, or has a different approach to starting it.

Thank you so much for this! This got my audio working after trying just about everything

Well until i went into windows again...:banghead:

Last edited:

Uninstalling the drivers DOES work on Win 10. You have to disable Win 10's auto driver update though. Otherwise as soon as you reboot after uninstalling the Realtek drivers it reunstalls them. If it mentions Realtek at all in your playback devices window then the Realtek driver is still installed.

Thank you so much for this! This got my audio working after trying just about everything

Well until i went into windows again...:banghead:

If your running Windows 10 you must disable the auto driver update setting to keep it from automatically reinstalling the Realtek drivers.

Thanks for the reply I landed up doing a fresh install and then following Toleda's guide to installing sound all works good as long as pc doesn't go to sleep. So fix one issue get two more the second being freeze after sleep.
Guess I can just not sleep the pc anymore but will have to be more careful not to waste electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back