Graphics
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
so im currently having a really annoying problem on my hackintosh. this problem actually started back when i upgraded to mavericks. anyways it seems like my restart, log out, and shutdown are broken it when i don't quit apps and i got straight to shut down or whatever it hangs, and sometimes even when i make sure i quit the apps it still happens! the menu bar disappears and so do the icons on the right side but the dock stays. if i open an app from the dock the menu bar appears again, but the only way of shutting down it holding down the power button or unplugging. someone please help ive tried everything!

heres a picture of what it looks like when it happens

Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 10.31.04 PM.jpg

so im currently having a really annoying problem on my hackintosh. this problem actually started back when i upgraded to mavericks. anyways it seems like my restart, log out, and shutdown are broken it when i don't quit apps and i got straight to shut down or whatever it hangs, and sometimes even when i make sure i quit the apps it still happens! the menu bar disappears and so do the icons on the right side but the dock stays. if i open an app from the dock the menu bar appears again, but the only way of shutting down it holding down the power button or unplugging. someone please help ive tried everything!

heres a picture of what it looks like when it happens

View attachment 145858

See the forum rules
Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website). Without knowing the exact hardware details, no one can point you to the right direction.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

See the forum rules

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website). Without knowing the exact hardware details, no one can point you to the right direction.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

updated bruh

Are you using DSDT/SSDTs??

The issue is with upgraded operating system or fresh installation??

Have you tried booting without caches??

im not using any dsdt or ssdt. it doesn't matter if its a fresh install or an upgrade, ever since mavericks i've been having this problem. it never really bothered me because back in maverick when it happened i would just open an app from the dock, the menu bar would come back, and then i would hit shut down again. in yosemite though when i do that it doesn't work anymore, i either have to hold down the power button or use terminal to shut down.

i haven't tried that. actually i have no idea how to boot with no caches with clover can you please explain?

im not using any dsdt or ssdt. it doesn't matter if its a fresh install or an upgrade, ever since mavericks i've been having this problem. it never really bothered me because back in maverick when it happened i would just open an app from the dock, the menu bar would come back, and then i would hit shut down again. in yosemite though when i do that it doesn't work anymore, i either have to hold down the power button or use terminal to shut down.

You may need to use DSDT with shutdown patch.

What is the current BIOS version??

i haven't tried that. actually i have no idea how to boot with no caches with clover can you please explain?

On the clover boot loader screen, press space bar and choose the option "Boot MAC OS X without caches"

You may need to use DSDT with shutdown patch.

What is the current BIOS version??

On the clover boot loader screen, press space bar and choose the option "Boot MAC OS X without caches"

do you know how to configure the config text file to make clover automatically boot without caches?

Download Clover Configurator to edit Clover's config.plist.

In Clover Configurator, choose System Parameters and select No Caches.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the exact same problem on El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back