Contribute
Register

yosemite 10.10.1 achieved but not working sound applehda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to make my own thread but noticed something similar going on already so I'll just post here.
Since 10.9 Probook Installer's method for AppleHDA patching (It adds IDT 76d1 patch in clover config) does not seem to work for me (no audio devices detected).
I have 4530s and to get my audio working I just installed the last kext that worked for me which is patched AppleHDA from some ancient version of the installer for 10.8. Everything was working great but lately my internal mic stopped working after sleep.

I would be grateful if someone could provide me with vanilla AppleHDA from 10.10.1 so I can try and patch it as I don't have 10.10 installer to extract it from.
Also some tips on why Probook Installer fails at my audio and what might be wrong with my mic would be great!
did you accomplish?

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2014-12-21 23.27.05.png
    Ekran Resmi 2014-12-21 23.27.05.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Ekran Resmi 2014-12-21 23.27.33.png
    Ekran Resmi 2014-12-21 23.27.33.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 153
still not working...

1. Follow the guide for a fresh install.
2. Don't install Boom
3. Read RED text in the guide if it does not work.

It is better to do a fresh install and source it from the resulting install. The one in the installer image is incomplete.

Thanks for the suggestion, I installed OS X on virtual machine and extracted AppleHDA from there, rerun Probook Installer with vanilla kext, repaired permissions and now sound works. But not the microphone, sometimes it works only on fresh start and sometimes not even then.

Also, what Bluetooth solution is now in PBI? I see no kexts in EFI or /S/L/E and BT is not working, maybe it missed something.

... But not the microphone, sometimes it works only on fresh start and sometimes not even then.

Built in mic, or external?

If external, use a stereo adapter. If internal, try after sleep...

Also, what Bluetooth solution is now in PBI? I see no kexts in EFI or /S/L/E and BT is not working, maybe it missed something.

It is optional. Current PBI is using BTFirmwareUploader.kext (would not be my choice).

Built in mic. Sometimes it works on fresh boot but not after sleep. It works in linux.

I'll just stick to IOath3kfrmwr2 then.

Built in mic. Sometimes it works on fresh boot but not after sleep. It works in linux.

I just tested here on my (mothballed) 4530s. Internal mic works fine, but at cold boot and after sleep...

I remember mic working fine on my laptop as well. Noticed it about a week ago when trying to make skype call. I'll try looking into it.
Anyway, thanks for helping me with AppleHDA.

It is better to do a fresh install and source it from the resulting install. The one in the installer image is incomplete.

Thank you for everything. I do fresh installed and thus problem be solved. topic can be closed. Sincerely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back