GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
First of all I downloaded Mojave from apple store on my Sigh Sierra
then
1 - I downloaded Install Disk Creator and made a Mojave installer with it.
2 - I copied my existing EFI /Clover from my previous build - guided by REHABMAN here - to my new usb installer's EFI with Clover Configurator.
3- Booted with that to Mojave installer - it gave many errors - i waited - before i got few errors stopping installation.Those were about resource not found - I read somewhere - local ssd will work - So i tried to install on my ssd - got mediakit EFI error - tried to use fdisk from a windows usb installer - used command <clean> and deleted whole windows and old HIGH SIERRA - partitioned with my new Mojave installer - and Voila - it restarted few times - the screen was off a bit so I used my fix screen combo Fn+1 then enter -so i finished up installing.
4- I am on Mojave but the QE/CI stuff was not working. So I used post install advice from REHABMAN - but EFI partition was not mounting - then I read somewhere that

MBP-de-artur-pt:~ artur_pt$ sudo diskutil mount EFI
Password:
Volume EFI on EFI mounted

it is Ok but OsX gave my EFI partition EFI 1 --
tried to fix .and trying now also - basically no sound but everything seems ok so far.
I am adding a screenshot and that's all for now - I can also share my EFI or anything else if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I downloaded mojave from apple store on my high Sierra
then
1 - I downloaded Install Disk Creator and made a mojave installer with it.
2 - I copied my existing EFI /Clover from my previous build - guided by REHABMAN here - to my new usb installer's EFI with clover configurator.
3- Booted with that to Mojave installer - it gave many errors - i waited - before i got few errors stopping installation.Those were about resource not found - I read somewhere - local ssd will work - So i tried to install on my ssd - got mediakit EFI error - tried to use fdisk from a windows usb installer - used command <clean> and deleted whole windows and old HIGH SIERRA - partitioned with my new Mojave installer - and Voila - it restarted few times - the screen was off a bit so I used my fix screen combo Fn+1 then enter -so i finished up installing.
4- I am on Mojave but the QE/CI stuff was not working . so i used post install advices from REHABMAN - but EFI partition was not mounting -then i read somewhere that

MBP-de-artur-pt:~ artur_pt$ sudo diskutil mount EFI
Password:
Volume EFI on EFI mounted

it is Ok but OsX gave my EFI partition EFI 1 --
tried to fix .and trying now also - basicly no sound but everything seems ok so far.
i am adding a screenshot and that's all for now - I can also share my efi or anything else if needed.

Make sure you follow the guide exactly as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.232960/

You should start by filling out your profile properly,... as requested in the FAQ.

here is the screenshot
Untitled.png

Rehabman - I know <you don't read carefully / from my older experiences> - I wrote that at the first message - i am trying to fix that before reporting that as a problem but if you have a solution or advice regarding please do it. You are the Coder -

Rehabman - I know <you don't read carefully / from my older experiences> - I wrote that at the first message - i am trying to fix that before reporting that as a problem but if you have a solution or advice regarding please do it. You are the Coder -

No idea what you mean by "fix that before reporting that". Please try to write replies that stand alone.

Ok fixed the Audio - made a small app -actually changed someone's installer . :p
you can download it from here
if asks password it is mojaveaudio

Ok fixed the Audio - made a small app -actually changed someone's installer . :p
you can download it from here
if asks password it is mojaveaudio

Please note that my Y50 guide does not use VoodooHDA. It uses either patched AppleHDA or AppleALC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back