GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi everyone
i've a short story :banghead:
everything was going fine I had my 10.12 on my laptop Y50-70 - was playing warcraft using Mac things
I wanted to use Linux for a while - changed the ssd and installed few new distros for seeing the beauty of linux my Broadcom wifi wasn't working so I changed my wifi module to Intel Dual Band Ac-7260 but got a whitelist error and wanted to whitelist bios again so I needed to switch back to Win + OS X
changed my already well working ssd - logged onto windows and got an error first -'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION then restart and got another bsod -VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR my Nvidia went off
then thinking that might be related to bios also I did wanted to open advanced features of bios I flashed bios with command tool -restarted and my bios went dark
tried to fix it with usb methods FN+R etc nothing worked
took it to a local repair , he heated the bios chip and using a usb eprom programmer he flashed a bios on it and he told eh fixed the Nvidia chip also then when I opened the laptop I saw there was a BIOS delay like 15 secs
he flashed it again and same error , I took it home back and the same Nvidia errors same bios delay - we changed the 8mb bios.bin file and reflashed again same errors. I tried to use the intel graphics only which is working well on windows and then setup OsX - tried Sierra and High Sierra and I am getting the same error "IGPU timeout " or "kext stalld IGPU "
when I try fakeid = 12345678 and platform id =99999999 I can log and use as
Intel HD Graphics 4600 7 MB

SO any ideas on anything ?
if you have a bios dump of your y50 70 in 8mb bin format please do send me :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 69
  • dsdt-ssdt.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 64
  • ioreg.zip
    544.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 159
hi everyone
i've a short story :banghead:
everything was going fine I had my 10.12 on my laptop Y50-70 - was playing warcraft using Mac things
I wanted to use Linux for a while - changed the ssd and installed few new distros for seeing the beauty of linux my Broadcom wifi wasn't working so I changed my wifi module to Intel Dual Band Ac-7260 but got a whitelist error and wanted to whitelist bios again so I needed to switch back to Win + OS X
changed my already well working ssd - logged onto windows and got an error first -'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION then restart and got another bsod -VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR my Nvidia went off
then thinking that might be related to bios also I did wanted to open advanced features of bios I flashed bios with command tool -restarted and my bios went dark
tried to fix it with usb methods FN+R etc nothing worked
took it to a local repair , he heated the bios chip and using a usb eprom programmer he flashed a bios on it and he told eh fixed the Nvidia chip also then when I opened the laptop I saw there was a BIOS delay like 15 secs
he flashed it again and same error , I took it home back and the same Nvidia errors same bios delay - we changed the 8mb bios.bin file and reflashed again same errors. I tried to use the intel graphics only which is working well on windows and then setup OsX - tried Sierra and High Sierra and I am getting the same error "IGPU timeout " or "kext stalld IGPU "
when I try fakeid = 12345678 and platform id =99999999 I can log and use as
Intel HD Graphics 4600 7 MB

SO any ideas on anything ?
if you have a bios dump of your y50 70 in 8mb bin format please do send me :)

Your BIOS flashing broke the Intel MEI.
macOS/OS X requires IMEI.

what do you advice me to do Rehabman ? larger scale even . should I change the mainboard ? should I find a same model bios dump it and flash back ? any ideas ?

Last edited:
what do you advice me to do Rehabman ? larger scale even . should I change the mainboard ? should I find a same model bios dump it and flash back ? any ideas ?

Flash BIOS with official Lenovo BIOS update. Hope that it fixes your IMEI firmware.

already did that not working .
but i found some works on fixing the intel mei on bios . but needs precise work no tolerance for faults . gonna crash the system easily , so i must do readings - they are mainly based on flash programming tool .
I am open to any ideas and help if possible from anyone.
got great findings also.. like this bios extractor which extracts bin files from official roms

i guess i need radical solutions

any forum members with any ideas to fix my problem ? i know we have many geniuses here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back