Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anyone tried to use the old Xserve cases to build a rackable Hackintosh? Any luck?

EpiGrad said:
Has anyone tried to use the old Xserve cases to build a rackable Hackintosh? Any luck?
Unfortunately no, sorry. But it's an interesting thought. I think it could, almost 18" by 28". Plently room. 1.75" height too. Could be done, but does anyone, apart form my dad who really doesn't have the need for any kind of system like this, have a server rack...? My dad keeps a network HDD, a large network switch, modem and router in his.

Gus

I'm in the position to have a server rack one day.

More saliently for this discussion however is it would fit *really* well above the cheap rack-mountable UPS I got for a steal at one point. And it's a fun novelty Apple-case mod that isn't the Mac Pro/G5 case.

EpiGrad said:
I'm in the position to have a server rack one day.

More saliently for this discussion however is it would fit *really* well above the cheap rack-mountable UPS I got for a steal at one point. And it's a fun novelty Apple-case mod that isn't the Mac Pro/G5 case.
Had a quick search. Didn't turn up anything cheap though... :(
It would look pretty sweet to have the xserve and also the massive raid assembly for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back