Contribute
Register

XPS 9550 OSX 10.11.4 full supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO NO NO NO NO! Seriously though you really shouldn't take a work in progress hackintosh and use it for your work unless you have another OS i.e. Windows 10 or Linux on hand. In terms of you saying it has been successfully sleeping it doesn't seem to have the correct power management setup yet as if power management was set up correctly the laptop would not be hot when you take it out. You will need to do DSDT and SSDT patches for power management.

You are completely correct and I can assure you, I'm not relying on the this project for work or day to day. It's a project. For work, I have my work laptop and for personal, I have a trusty Desktop. This Laptop is to replaced my aging MBP from 2010 - once it works. Until then, it's a hobby.

And I want to appologize if I come across as stupid. The DSDT patching for this machine is more involving as the patched I did for my Desktop, so I'm most likely repeating questions tdmsn asked himself and figured out by himself.

You are completely correct and I can assure you, I'm not relying on the this project for work or day to day. It's a project. For work, I have my work laptop and for personal, I have a trusty Desktop. This Laptop is to replaced my aging MBP from 2010 - once it works. Until then, it's a hobby.

And I want to appologize if I come across as stupid. The DSDT patching for this machine is more involving as the patched I did for my Desktop, so I'm most likely repeating questions tdmsn asked himself and figured out by himself.
Don't apologise I defintely agree with you that DSDT and SSDT patches are daunting. I have little experience myself and I like to think this forum is accommodating to people learning how to hackintosh. That is all part of the fun and working together to get our laptops working is great. Nothing like being part of a team! And I got my XPS 9550 to replace my 2010 MacBook Pro too so we have that in common :p However unlike you I am using Windows 10 ATM :( I would like to think I am stupid for bricking my first XPS 9550 by not understanding the consequences but hey at least we now know we can't edit DVMT Pre-allocation by using the EFI shell:p I would also like to repeat any progress made here is great for everyone who has this laptop and I will definitely be getting stuck in after my exams finish and help things if you are not finished by then!

Hi.
I just received my XPS 9550, and have tried to install EL Capitan for a few days.
I have created an usb installer according to this guide "[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover".
I am using config.plist from "OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config-master", placed in /EFI/Clover/ folder on the USB EFI partition. (config_HD520_530_540.plist before renaming).

In the kext 10.11 folder I have:
FakeSMC.kext (Rehabman version)
VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Rehabman version)
NVMeGeneric.kext

In drivers64UEFI folder I have:
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
NvmExpressDxe-64.efi
OsxaptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

Bios:
UEFI Mode
Sata in AHCI mode
Secure boot Off
Other avail. options according to the above mentioned "Laptops with Clover" guide

Finally to my problem.
Kernel Panic in NVMeGeneric.kext right before loading of the apple logo.
Without NVMeGeneric.kext, the installer loads fine, but then my internal drive is unavailable. All I see is the USB driver.
In the sys rep. no devices are available under NVMExpress, SATA/SATA Express or PCI.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
rehabman asks for the output of
Code:
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
which gives no output on my system, as the kext is not loaded.

I dumped the DSDT and SSDT with Clover, again and descrambled them via
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

Content from refs.txt:
Code:
External(MDBG, MethodObj, 1)
External(_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj, 0)
External(_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECWT, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGPO, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BCM, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT1.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_GPE.VHOV, MethodObj, 3)

Then I tried to add the Skylake LPC fix from rehab's repo via MaciASL. Compiling the file gives me a couple of errors:
Code:
11194, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_DSM)
12970, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)
12977, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)
12982, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID) 
12987, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)

What am I missing? Is AppleLPC.kext still essential?

But you load an EFI driver and a kext file, named NVMExpress.kext
Mine is called NVMeGeneric.kext - which is in the zip file linked from the page I shared.

rehabman asks for the output of
Code:
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
which gives no output on my system, as the kext is not loaded.

I dumped the DSDT and SSDT with Clover, again and descrambled them via
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

Content from refs.txt:
Code:
External(MDBG, MethodObj, 1)
External(_GPE.MMTB, MethodObj, 0)
External(_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECWT, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.SGPO, MethodObj, 2)
External(_SB.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BCM, MethodObj, 1)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_SB.PCI0.SAT1.SDSM, MethodObj, 4)
External(_GPE.VHOV, MethodObj, 3)

Then I tried to add the Skylake LPC fix from rehab's repo via MaciASL. Compiling the file gives me a couple of errors:
Code:
11194, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_DSM)
12970, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)
12977, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)
12982, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)
12987, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^LPCB.CRID)

What am I missing? Is AppleLPC.kext still essential?

Resolve all errors before applying functional patches.

But you load an EFI driver and a kext file, named NVMExpress.kext
Mine is called NVMeGeneric.kext - which is in the zip file linked from the page I shared.

You are absolutely right. I have by mistake typed NMVExpress.kext, the correct name is NVMeGeneric.kext and is the one I am using. I have now corrected my post also...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back