Contribute
Register

XPS 9550 OSX 10.11.4 full supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting. At least I know that DELL has an ok service, they will help you within your warranty period, but I'll see to extend mine to three years service. I used this service a lot for the MBP -Laptops tend to age worse than PCs with all that heat in small spaces and the dirt finding it's way in.
Paying for extended warranty for Laptops always paid off for me.

So I take it that you've got everything running, including Power Management, iMessage, Wifi, Graphics and Trackpad but excluding Audio?

current process:

install [OK]

patch UHD resolution [OK]

qe/ci [OK]

battery status [OK]

memory size [OK]

ELAN for touchpad [OK]

backlight control [OK]

wifi card [OK]

block optimus [partial]

power management [partial]

fn keys [partial]

audio

shutdown but restart

sleep and wake too long

hdmi port

thunderbolt port

earphone switch

sd cardreader

bluetooth

airplay

graphicscard named "Unknown"

NVME SATA driver

current process:
install [OK]
patch UHD resolution [OK]
qe/ci [OK]
battery status [OK]
Memory size [OK]
ELAN for touchpad [OK]
backlight control [OK]
wifi card [OK]
block optimus [partial]
power management [partial]
fn keys [partial]
audio
shutdown but restart
sleep and wake too long
hdmi port
thunderbolt port
earphone switch
sd cardreader
bluetooth
airplay
graphicscard named "Unknown"
NVME SATA driver
First off well done you are making amazing progress and Also to the tonymacx86 team the new design is great! Anyway the "Unknown video card" is caused by your partial blocking of optimus. That should disappear after you correctly patch it. Sleep and wake being too long is linked to power management and also you should use GitHub - RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander: handles EAPD state updating for power-managed HDA codecs. Power management should be fixed by using GitHub - Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh: Script to generate a SSDT for Power Management Audio and earphone switch (you mean headphone jack switching right?) are linked. Shutdown triggering restart is an odd one. HDMI port should be linked to graphics patching. The SD card reader is unlikely to work as there isn't a driver/Kext for it to my knowledge. Bluetooth needs GitHub - RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM: Broadcom PatchRAM driver for OS X and FakePCIID to work. "5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2" Airplay should work once you spoof the wifi card to the Apple one. Thunderbolt port will be difficult to test but I am surprised it doesn't just work.

Last edited:
Thanks to the assorted info in this thread i was able to install 10.11.4 on my Laptop, wich is like a Carbon copy of tdmsn machine.
So far not working are QE/CI, even though the resolution is correct and all of the SSDT related things.
I'll start with those now, but I wonder why QE/CI isn't working, as I included that pacthes and the injectors mentioned in this thread.

Thanks all

Thanks to the assorted info in this thread i was able to install 10.11.4 on my Laptop, wich is like a Carbon copy of tdmsn machine.
So far not working are QE/CI, even though the resolution is correct and all of the SSDT related things.
I'll start with those now, but I wonder why QE/CI isn't working, as I included that pacthes and the injectors mentioned in this thread.

Thanks all

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Dear RehabMan, thank you for your support. Fresh from the press, files as demanded.

No QE/CI because of the invalid FakeID you're using in config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678.

No QE/CI because of the invalid FakeID you're using in config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678.

Understood, but isn't this what was used in this thread? Should I use the same value as used for the injection?

Also, when I try to patch an extracted and decompiled DSDT.dsl with the "Brightness fix" I get the following errors:
13205, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG1
16990, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}'
34112, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

Understood, but isn't this what was used in this thread? Should I use the same value as used for the injection?

Using an invalid FakeID is a good way to disable the graphics drivers before you have everything setup as required. If you have UHD, for example, you would use it before you patch IOKit (since the drivers won't work on UHD until it is patched). But eventually, you have to remove it and inject a valid ig-platform-id.

Bottom line: No expectation of QE/CI when you're disabling the graphics drivers.

Also, when I try to patch an extracted and decompiled DSDT.dsl with the "Brightness fix" I get the following errors:
13205, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG1
16990, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}'
34112, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back